nightrnr
Next-Gen

Re: Top Ten Sega Genesis Games

Post by nightrnr »

This is impossible,
But sure I'll play:

Super Street Fighter II
Sonic 2
Golden Axe (actually Genesis 6-Pak, moreso, I have played that cartridge a lot)
Shining Force II
Phantasy Star IV
Gunstar Heroes
Beyond Oasis
Road Rash II
Gauntlet IV
Thunder Force III

Prepared to defend my choices, but they are subject to change anyways.
...just another lost soul...
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Just bought Bloodlines online for £90... My wife is going to kill me if she ever finds out.

I think it's the most I have ever spent on a video game. Which is impressive, given I own games like Panzer Dragoon Saga.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Well, definitely one of the best games in the Genesis library. 8)
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

The daft thing is I probably wouldn't have bothered if they would have just put it on the Genesis Collection that was recently released or would release it as part of a Castlevania Collection.

Looking forward to firing it up whenever it arrives (along with Starflight, Wonder Boy in Monster World and Ghouls n' Ghosts, which I also bought this week - I think I have a problem :()
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Reprise wrote:My wife is going to kill me if she ever finds out.

lol

If my wife ever asks me how expensive a given game was I tell her I "traded" for it. Which is always technically true. Though generally speaking I'm trading cash for the game in question.

This thread, and this month's TR, have convinced me that I need to get Bloodlines and Hard Corps.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun

I approve of this bold choice for a top 10. I've always felt that if I think critically about it Warriors of the Eternal Sun isn't really that amazing a game, but I also totally love it and how it captures that oldschool basic D&D feel. I believe all the batteries originally built into the carts have died, which adds to the difficulty for some people to play it properly, but I'm glad I went through the hassle of getting it replaced.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:lol

If my wife ever asks me how expensive a given game was I tell her I "traded" for it. Which is always technically true. Though generally speaking I'm trading cash for the game in question.

This thread, and this month's TR, have convinced me that I need to get Bloodlines and Hard Corps.

To be honest, I feel that I'm pretty smart with how much I spend on video games, so I generally don't get in too much trouble. A huge chunk of games I own are now worth more than double (some cases more than 3 or 4 times) how much I paid for them. It's all the modern releases I buy that are technically the 'waste of cash' since 99% depreciate in value exponentially. Unless there's some huge crash and the retro collecting bubble bursts, retro game prices are either going to retain their worth or increase.

Of course whenever I argue that point with my wife, the answer is always "but you never sell your games and never will!" She has a point. I still own two boxed and complete copies of Banjo Tooie for some unknown reason :lol:

Nemoide wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun

I approve of this bold choice for a top 10. I've always felt that if I think critically about it Warriors of the Eternal Sun isn't really that amazing a game, but I also totally love it and how it captures that oldschool basic D&D feel. I believe all the batteries originally built into the carts have died, which adds to the difficulty for some people to play it properly, but I'm glad I went through the hassle of getting it replaced.

I loved that Dungeons & Dragons game as a kid. One of my friends in school had it and I was always borrowing it off him. It's been on my want list for ages, I should keep an eye on any Ebay auctions some time.

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Yeah it's a dope game. One of those rare old WRPGs developed for a home console, with no computer version. It truly feels like a Genesis D&D experience. It's flawed and unbalanced, as all old WRPGs tend to be, but is great fun to play.
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Post by Violent By Design »

I always find it rather strange how Sega CD games are not included as Sega Genesis games. Would anyone's list be different if Sega CD's library (and I guess 32x as well) were included?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

32X would change nothing. :lol:

If Sega CD were included, I’d probably swap something out for Lunar: The Silver Star. That game is awesome.