bloodlines cardboard variants

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Rydon
24-bit

bloodlines cardboard variants

Post by Rydon »

So, I know there are two variants of castlevania bloodlines, hard case and cardboard. But are there two cardboard variants? On eBay I am seeing either the sleeve cardboard, which I know from sonic and knuckles, but there is another that is just one box and no sleeve. Are these genuine? I haven't seen them before with genesis games.

Thanks!
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: bloodlines cardboard variants

Post by samsonlonghair »

Post a link please, and I will take a look. I have a pretty good eye for these sort of things.
Rydon
24-bit

Post by Rydon »

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. Is this a second, non sleeve, cardboard variant for sega games?

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I own a lot of Sega Genesis games. None of my boxes look like that one. I’m skeptical.

It’s hard to say for certain from a single image. Please post a LINK to the auction, and I will take a look to tell you what I think.

I promise not to snipe the auction. :lol:
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

I can't say exactly why, but that style of Genesis box feels oddly familiar to me. If I had anything with a box like that, it probably would have been Mega Bomberman, but at any rate, I think it might be legit. I did a little searching, and found some potential info on sega-retro:

https://segaretro.org/List_of_cardboard_box_Mega_Drive_games

The third item in the contents of that page lists out a bunch of games with flip tops. Now, it doesn't have Mega Bomberman, or Castlevania: Bloodlines listed outside the re-release slide boxes, but these lists probably aren't comprehensive, anyway, considering I have Adventures of Batman and Robin, and Sonic & Knuckles in slide boxes.

Edit: Okay, here we go: http://cardboard.segaage.com/. Castlevania: Bloodlines is listed there as having a flip top, and a slide box. Mega Bomberman isn't listed as having a flip top, so I guess it's still a mystery why I remember these boxes at all.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Post by samsonlonghair »

Good call, Pierrot!
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Rydon wrote:Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. Is this a second, non sleeve, cardboard variant for sega games?

[img]<span%20class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/CEgAAOSwhztbJARx/s-l400.jpg</span>[/img]

Mine looks exactly like that (just the top lid flap, no slide box like most other car board box releases.
Have owned it for years and am confident mine is legit.
I think the cardboard release of Tiny Toons buster's hidden treasure was the same way.
...just another lost soul...
Rydon
24-bit

Post by Rydon »

Cool, thanks for the info. I didn't know Sega games came in those types of boxes. It seems like they are similar to the N64 Box variants that did not slide out. Thanks again!