Yakuza Kiwami 2 Announcement

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Blu
Next-Gen

Yakuza Kiwami 2 Announcement

Post by Blu »

Loved the first one, and 0 was amazing. Count me in for another!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGA3XZm1GPk
Segata
Next-Gen

Re: Yakuza Kiwami 2 Announcement

Post by Segata »

Just played the demo of this. Holy shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeet the graphics look amazing! I like being able to just walk in buildings without load times. Kiryu trips over the bikes and benches if you walk over them and knock them over. The battle is more fluid but the downside is the camera is inverted and I can't figure out how to make it normal. With this news and Sonic Mania..just make that new Virtual On in English release and it will be the perfect trifecta! (been playing that VO and it's the VO we remember aside from the anime tie in..music is very 90s midi so it's great)

I'm so in! Let's go crazy!

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Before Zero, I usually heard that 2 was generally one of the best in the entire series.

Extremely stoked to be swimming in new Yakuza titles this last year and half.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Xeogred wrote:Before Zero, I usually heard that 2 was generally one of the best in the entire series.

Extremely stoked to be swimming in new Yakuza titles this last year and half.

I've only played the first two, but I can indeed confirm that Yakuza 2 has a damn good narrative, especially compared to the first one. Giving it the Zero combat engine (or something similar) is going to be a crazy shot in the arm for a game that was already great.

Two isn't nearly so silly as the other entries though. Perhaps they'll up the silliness factor as they did with the first Kiwami (as the first game was even more un-silly by comparison), but a lot of the comedy from that game came from just doing really ridiculous crap like one-hit-KO-ing a tiger :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me