Dragon Force

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Dragon Force

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Anapan wrote:I didn't give it enough effort is all. I always planned to continue the save game as I had enough generals with good armies but it was pissing me off that those undead guys kept coming back, and the main forces along with goldark (?) it's been many years) were building up their armies too much. I needed to consolidate my forces to take the last few out I think. I regret not watching the twitch that same friend was streaming when he played through it completely finally. Another one of those "bucket list" things - he might even still have my save file on his RAM cart...

Hey, I'm more than willing to stream the whole game and archive it on YouTube. I own the game legit and can just emulate it since I don't have a capture card. If I were, is there any kingdom you would like to see done?

Also, Spacebooger, I would love to hear updates on your gameplay. It is rare for people to talk Saturn talk, let alone Dragon Force! So keep us in the know!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Also, Spacebooger, I would love to hear updates on your gameplay. It is rare for people to talk Saturn talk, let alone Dragon Force! So keep us in the know!

I'm going to play around with it some more with my current saved game (retreating from the first castle with Wein) and after a couple of battles and I get the hang of it I will start over.
Any advice on which character or kingdom I should start with?
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

SpaceBooger wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:Also, Spacebooger, I would love to hear updates on your gameplay. It is rare for people to talk Saturn talk, let alone Dragon Force! So keep us in the know!

I'm going to play around with it some more with my current saved game (retreating from the first castle with Wein) and after a couple of battles and I get the hang of it I will start over.
Any advice on which character or kingdom I should start with?

Teiris is the easiest. When she comes in contact with another kingdom they immediately join her. It is definitely easy mode. Wein is the best overall, but other kingdoms have their advantages. Mikhal has a tough time at the start, but you do have the benefit of having samurai to take down two dragon generals for Reinhart, named Gigg and Uryl. Getting them on your team is a huge advantage from the get go as dragons are only weak to other dragons... And samurai.

Everyone has their pros and cons but in the end, you will essentially have a all the tools at your disposal to use any units you want, so who you pick is really based on preference. Each has a unique story though that plays out very differently, so there is absolutely a reason to come back and play again and again.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

I played one battle while the kids were doing thier homework. I tried the castle again with Wein and Nina (I left Link at eve castle). I lost Nina but Wein's calvary wiped him out. I captured him and got back the two thieves I lost when I retreated last time. I was feeling confident until a cut scene and then a battle with 5 generals all more powerful than my one...so I retreated once more.Image
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Hey, I'm more than willing to stream the whole game and archive it on YouTube. I own the game legit and can just emulate it since I don't have a capture card. If I were, is there any kingdom you would like to see done?

Thanks for the offer, but it was just that my friend and I started it at the same time - I'd just 56K'd it from someone @ Sega Xtreme and he told me he was gonna do a run to finally finish it.
I own it legit now too, but I don't actually play many games at aren't action anymore.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

So I've stuck with it and spent many hours continuing my first game. I have taken over about 6 castles (many unoccupied) I just don't leave enough people in them. The problem is that I keep fighting Zanon and he runs away. After spending a ton of time (end of the game week) leveling up people I entered a duel with him and Wein who had more HP but lost at the last second. Grr.... now all the levels I earned that week (numerous) were lost and I have to try again.
Any advise/strategy on beating Zanon early in the game?
BLOG | BST
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

SpaceBooger wrote:So I've stuck with it and spent many hours continuing my first game. I have taken over about 6 castles (many unoccupied) I just don't leave enough people in them. The problem is that I keep fighting Zanon and he runs away. After spending a ton of time (end of the game week) leveling up people I entered a duel with him and Wein who had more HP but lost at the last second. Grr.... now all the levels I earned that week (numerous) were lost and I have to try again.
Any advise/strategy on beating Zanon early in the game?

You can not beat zanon until the story requires you to, and I believe some of the kingdoms won't have you able to.

SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

I noticed that the other night after trying for 90 minutes. I got to the story part, finally got to a duel before he retreated, started with more hp and died to a critical when I only needed one more hit. Is dueling the only way to beat him?
BLOG | BST
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

SpaceBooger wrote:I noticed that the other night after trying for 90 minutes. I got to the story part, finally got to a duel before he retreated, started with more hp and died to a critical when I only needed one more hit. Is dueling the only way to beat him?

Oh man, that I can't remember. It's been a long long time!

SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Zanon is driving me nuts. He still runs away or escapes after being beaten. The problem is that when he escapes he goes to the right of my castle and then comes back. Now I have to take Wein along that path to get to some tower, but Zanon is in the way and I keep hearing him causing him to continue to block the path again. So now I have to take a crazy long and homemade path and as a result gave the castle to Zanon. I can't wait to take it back from that dirtbag!
BLOG | BST