SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: Dreamcast: Collected Works announced

by Reprise Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:14 am

Not to be a dick, but that 50k size restriction is archaic and outdated. Besides it being 2017 and not 1999, you guys recently updated the forum and part of that update allows us to now upload avatars which are much larger than 50kb. That would mean that a large number of us would be potentially breaching that rule on our avatars alone...

I know there's code you can use to restrict the size of any photo that is posted on a forum that stops it ugly-ing up the forum too much. Of course that doesn't affect the memory size of an image, but it at least restricts the visual size.

I'm happy to remove some of pictures though if the number of them was an issue. I just wanted to show all the relevant images in one place for those who are interested, which I thought would be better than people having to click the link.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
marurun

by marurun Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:12 am

You're right. Those size limits are archaic. Which is why they go largely unenforced. But we mods still have to think about the experience of browsing the site from multiple perspectives, especially now that we have adopted a responsive theme to better accommodate mobile devices. So there will likely still end up being a size limit. I was merely pointing out in the post that Segata was reading the rules very selectively.

I browse the forums a lot on my phone, and while my plan does include a healthy amount of data, it isn't unlimited. And I doubt I am the only one.

Also, animated GIFs are still irritating and a bane to a rational internet. If they are small they are tolerable, but when they are large they sick balls.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
strangenova
Next-Gen

by strangenova Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:11 pm

marurun wrote:animated GIFs If they are small, but they are large sick balls.
I read every word you said, but that last paragraph shall forever haunt me.
marurun

by marurun Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:35 pm

That is an interesting contraction of my sentence and typo. That may haunt me forever, too.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
strangenova
Next-Gen

by strangenova Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:53 pm

marurun wrote:That is an interesting contraction of my sentence and typo. That may haunt me forever, too.

My mind contracted it the moment I finished reading your post and now it's impossible for me to read it any other way.
Return to Sega