Retron 5 Game Gear Adapter + Master System

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
SpikeSlania
24-bit

Retron 5 Game Gear Adapter + Master System

Post by SpikeSlania »

Yesterday Metal Jesus Rocks posted a picture on his facebook of a 3 in 1 adapter that Hyperkin sent him. It plays Game Gear, Sega Master System, and Sega Master System Cards. Once Hyperkin updates the firmware MJR plans on reviewing it. After I see his review I might be thinking of buying a Retron 5. Also attaching the picture MJR posted on his facebook.
Attachments
16388026_1738440166181917_6204541676809634009_n.jpg
16388026_1738440166181917_6204541676809634009_n.jpg (164.68 KiB) Viewed 3356 times
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Retron 5 Game Gear Adapter + Master System

Post by CRTGAMER »

Looks like a neat adapter. Wild that three completely different system game carts work.

Two suggestions concerning your picture to make for a faster loading page and easier to read post.

1. Before attaching an image, rescale it and save the JPG to 725 wide. This keeps the image just under the standard page width. It also allows for a faster page load due to less file size. Even pictures hidden behind a spoiler have to load affecting how quickly the entire page loads.

2. For pictures need the larger size for a close scrutiny use this command in your post with the brackets [] instead of the example {}.

{attachment=0}Image Name.jpg{/attachment}

This allows an auto resize to the page width. In addition you can move the image above in sentence in your post. Throw in the text "Right Click for a larger view". Of note you can EDIT your older post, give the command a try and click Preview befor Submitting again.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Retron 5 Game Gear Adapter + Master System

Post by Tanooki »

If you'd like to save a bit, if you're dead serious about a Retron5 I've been mulling over selling mine. It's up to date, but it is almost entirely unused. I had one go bad late in the life of the original run, ended up getting the current model in black. I've probably put 10 hours on it or so at best as I got into doing PC gaming, handheld, and for a time using a real sega genesis instead so it just sits.

I've been thinking of either getting a retrofreak since I can load it with roms and still use my carts, or just pulling my old systems back out along with a 2nd switcher box I located and bringing them back to life.

It's complete in the original black box, all the paperwork with it, even the oddball little stickers they put in the box for advertising reasons. I'd keep my SD card though, need a small one like that still. :)