Post by alienjesus »

Aztec Adventure is criminally underrated, definitely give it a play
alexis524
128-bit

Re: Going to collect the us sega master system library

Post by alexis524 »

alienjesus wrote:Aztec Adventure is criminally underrated

this.

This was the first game I bought when this system came out and remember playing the mess out of it. Still go back to this and Kenseiden to this day.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

holy shit, I forgot about that game.

I really wish Sega would do a giant SMS compilation the way they've done Genesis ones in the past. Assuming it had Phantasy Star on it, I'd pay $60 w/ no questions asked.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Playing some of these gems are definitely worth 60.00.
I have been playing golden axe warrior and I have to say that I actually love this better than Zelda on the nes. Maybe because it's a whole new world but the aspects of it and the music and the colors of the game is better than Zelda for me
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

yeah Golden Axe Warrior is fantastic. I don't know if I like it MORE than Zelda... but the same certainly. And I too love the colors and art style. That'd be on my SMS Compilation wish list as well.
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

alienjesus wrote:Aztec Adventure is criminally underrated, definitely give it a play

it probably is, but god i hate that game, haha

so as a kid, i'd save up money from working my mom's family business, right? and SMS games were hard to come by - they only had so many at my local TRU, and cart prices back then (especially if they had a battery backup) were brutal. worse yet, few magazines i read (EGM, gamepro, game players, etc) covered more than a few of them.

so one day, i get mom to stop at a lionel playworld (boy that statement kinda dates me, haha) and they're closing, so they're liquidating SMS games! i pick up like 5, and the last 2 games were aztec adventure & space harrier. i opted for aztec cause i'd never seen it & TRU had harrier.

sadly, TRU's SMS supply would continue to dwindle, and every time i played aztec id think about the game i passed on, haha. it's not bad & does some interesting stuff (buying your allies!) but man its hard and the last stage is this brutal boss rush ive never finished.

as a bit of a happy ending: a while later, TRU would be liquidating their SMS stuff too, and i got Golden Axe Warrior <$20! like mas though, ive had that game 2x now and both times the battery's failed me over the years, it's crazy. great game though.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Just got fantasy zone
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Tanooki wrote:
What are these shutter LCD glasses, kind of curious and I'm sure mas would be too if they were better off, more comfortable too, and perhaps more affordable than some unscratched up original sega glasses.

A number of different companies make these. It was never an exclusive technology. Active Shutter 3D system was invented ninety-five years ago. The first implementation using LCDs dates back to the 1970s. Nintendo and Sega both used these LCD shutters in video games in the 1980s.
Affordability and availability are the primary benefits.

I don't know if they're significantly better; rather, they're a more viable option than trying to dig up the last unbroken Sega shutter glasses.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Who are you gonna call? Just added ghostbusters to the list.
Now I'm at 73 games. The rarest game I need to get soon is buster Douglas. It's going to be a lot of money but with my luck I will find a decent price on the cart. Once I get that it's all downhill from there