There are very few Dreamcast exclusives left...

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: There are very few Dreamcast exclusives left...

Post by Reprise »

Betagam7 wrote:Shenmue, Metropolis Street Racer, Cannon Spike, Fire-Pro Wrestling D, D2, Carrier, Confidential Mission, L.O.L: Lack Of Love, Record of Lodoss War: Advent of Cardice, Outrigger, Illbleed.

All exclusives worth experimenting with.

Agreed, man. Agreed.

I'm sure there are more too.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Was Zombie Revenge a Dreamcast exclusive, or did it get an arcade release? It's got a lot of flaws, but I love that game.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Zombie Revenge on Dreamcast is a port of the Arcade release which ran on NAOMI hardware. As such it remains a console exclusive to this day.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

CD AGES wrote:Zombie Revenge on Dreamcast is a port of the Arcade release which ran on NAOMI hardware. As such it remains a console exclusive to this day.

I assumed it was originally in arcades, but I was never positive. Thanks!
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

CD AGES wrote:Zombie Revenge on Dreamcast is a port of the Arcade release which ran on NAOMI hardware. As such it remains a console exclusive to this day.

Zombie Revenge is kind of a lost House of the Dead game. HotD fans should all play this one.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Ah, the Dreamcast.

Just some personal anecdotes here... In 2010-ish, when I discovered that retro games were my "thing", I purchased a Dreamcast for $27. It was the first video game related purchase I made online.

There are many things I love about the system. It has the last great console controller (dual analog and four shoulder buttons can gtfo). VMUs are awesome, as are the mini-games. The grinding sound is charming. And I dig the GD-ROM format, plus the accompanying game packaging.

Predictably, I was most interested in RPGs and immediately purchased Skies of Arcadia and Phantasy Star Online. These turned out to be phenomenal: two of my favorite games ever. Then I went after more obscure RPGs like Record of Lodoss War and Time Stalkers. After I had my fill of RPGs..... my interest waned considerably. Games were scarce and expensive. And, to refer to the topic at hand, ports were numerous. Why search for a Dreamcast game on eBay when I can waltz into GameStop and by the PS2 version for half the price?

Even the import scene has failed to set me on fire. I picked up Sorcerian and Langrisser Millennium, which are just alright. Maybe someday I'll look into the Sakura Taisen titles and Napple Tale (lol nope, not at that price) but I can't think of much else beyond that that intrigues me. I think I have maybe two North American DC games on my Want List.

I should mention that I don't play many fighters or survival horror games.

So yeah, great system but the small library and huge number of easily accessible ports keeps me from playing the DC on a regular basis. It's not a console I keep hooked up 24/7 but one I "rotate" in and out.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Not a definitive list, but if this page is to be believed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... only_games

There are still over 60 Dreamcast exclusives?

Good luck walking up in a GameSlop and buying Segagaga for PS2!
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

Post by Ack »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I should mention that I don't play many fighters or survival horror games.

That's ok. We're a dying breed.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Exhuminator wrote:Not a definitive list, but if this page is to be believed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... only_games

There are still over 60 Dreamcast exclusives?

Good luck walking up in a GameSlop and buying Segagaga for PS2!

I mentioned that page a while back (and in the OP). My point is that the number of exclusives (even a decade ago) probably used to be 2-3 times as long as it is now...
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Still in the majority of what I flipped through that's left is probably safe for quite awhile. Especially things like Segagaga, that will never be revisited even though it sounds quite interesting. Evolution however shouldn't be on there, the page states it and the sequel was brought to NGC on a single disc. I'd still like to eventually play the games that were original DC exclusives where they originated even if it's only for history purposes. I actually love combining history where possible into some games especially since there's still a lot I don't know about the eras including the ones I actually grew up and semi knew about...

Heck I own several versions of Atari Anniversary redux and I'm half tempted to eventually find a atari and the games on those discs for the original system...
Last edited by darsparx on Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?