Nes mini vs sega mini console wars? Lmao

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
mas
Next-Gen

Nes mini vs sega mini console wars? Lmao

Post by mas »

So sega announced that they are coming out with the new sega mega drive mini with 80 games after the nes announced the nes mini.
Gee what the hell is sega thinking. I love sega but atgames is and already has produced this crap before. I have last years portable system and I don't touch because there is a charm to sega's music in games and I can't bear to play streets of rage 2 with that music.

If I find the console for like 5.00 then sure but I'll be damned if I spend 40.00 for a system like that.
If sega cared and wanted to back this system up please put a new chip on it that makes the sound like we are playing a Genesis. And where the hell is the streets of rage series on this new system?
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Re: Nes mini vs sega mini console wars? Lmao

Post by TEKTORO »

Any links to the games list yet ya know?
My opinion Sega already missed the opportunity with this having a poor track record on previous versions, the quality was absolutely shit and complete waste.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

It is the same old shitty emulation machine that's been around for 5 years
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Jmustang1968 wrote:It is the same old shitty emulation machine that's been around for 5 years

Yeah I know. It's sad really. Sega could of made so much money on this. Sega is telling me that they first don't think they could of made any money on this and 2: they can't do 80 games licenced by sega. Toe jam and earl? Streets of rage series? Every sonic? All the phantasy stars? Every shinobi? Man I could just go on. After burner? Space harrier, thunder blade, Monaco gp, damn I can make a list easy.
Man imagine this. Sega produces the mini Genesis model 2 or 1 hell even 3 with led for power, classic controllers and 80 built in games for 60.00 and have cartridge slot so you can play other games
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Maybe it has something to do with sega only licensing games now and it's out of their hands. You can't expect them to come out with something similar when they don't produce hareware anymoe.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Probally. I just hope the nes will have the snes and maybe sega will finally catch on and get rid of atgames
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

mas wrote:Probally. I just hope the nes will have the snes and maybe sega will finally catch on and get rid of atgames

Hoping for a snes version also. Prolly just cheaper for sega, along with neo geo, to just outsource all that shit then get into manufacturing and all that jazz.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Yea still sticking Sonic UGC, lol.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Jmustang1968 wrote:It is the same old shitty emulation machine that's been around for 5 years

It is the same console which has been Sega backed already! The link is not bringing anything new other then a rehash announcement of the existing console. The 80 games advertised is 40 Sega games and 40 homebrews in addition to fully compatible Genesis cart slot. The console emulation is not up perfect in the sound department and no game save, but it is not bad either.

I own the Genesis Hi Def model with the best sound chip as well as the ATGame console and portable. The ATGames hold its own and is more then adequate for discovering Genesis games (forty official Sega games inside!) without a huge investment. Even has a CART SLOT!

ATGames Sega Genesis PlugNPlay - viewtopic.php?f=52&t=33076&p=758615#p758615

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425