Nes mini vs sega mini console wars? Lmao

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Re: Nes mini vs sega mini console wars? Lmao

Post by bryan_65 »

Not haveing a cart slot means I probably won't be interested in the NES mini. I have thought about picking up the AT Games Sega just because of my love for Sega and it still has a cart slot if only it had HDMI and RF wireless controllers. I do did the controllers for the NES mini and will probably buy some of those just to use with the Wii.
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

Jmustang1968 wrote:It is the same old shitty emulation machine that's been around for 5 years

this - like always, my interest is 100% gone after hearing it's ATgames
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

I purchased the handheld a while ago to see how good it was, and was surprised at how nice the screen was, and how comfortable the device was in the hand. Unfortunately the sound was a deal breaker, all the music was like higher pitch and sounded terrible. That and the fact that nothing could save meant that it went back to the store.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

I would pay a cool $79.99 for a plug and play Genesis clone with good emulation, HDMI out, and a cartridge slot.

Just sayin'.
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Problem is until Sega wises up and stops allowing ATGames to abuse the remains of their good name and will with fans that won't happen. Those clowns refuse to ever patch or even try and change/upgrade the emulator so it never goes anywhere but new boxes every year slowly (and eventually now) removing all the accessories possible other than a USB charge cable to cut corners. :(
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

Tanooki wrote:Problem is until Sega wises up and stops allowing ATGames to abuse the remains of their good name and will with fans that won't happen. Those clowns refuse to ever patch or even try and change/upgrade the emulator so it never goes anywhere but new boxes every year slowly (and eventually now) removing all the accessories possible other than a USB charge cable to cut corners. :(

Our only hope is that the Nintendo mini will do well and show Sega that it's actually worth price ducking a quality unit.
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Word has it and I won't say how I got this, but speculation by people not so much the rumor online though it lines up with some, is that it's a very barebones stripped out wii. Ever looked at the wii Mini with the case opened up and the entire drive mechanism and related bits needed removed looks like? Very small, and taking what matters yet from that and putting it to an even more concise package would be even smaller. It really does add up when you figure that old systems type of storage, the controller ports on the Wii-motes being that on this NES system. It fits, but also I think it would be an easy fit to say expect more in the future as this shouldn't bomb like SNES or better.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Tanooki wrote:Word has it and I won't say how I got this, but speculation by people not so much the rumor online though it lines up with some, is that it's a very barebones stripped out wii. Ever looked at the wii Mini with the case opened up and the entire drive mechanism and related bits needed removed looks like? Very small, and taking what matters yet from that and putting it to an even more concise package would be even smaller. It really does add up when you figure that old systems type of storage, the controller ports on the Wii-motes being that on this NES system. It fits, but also I think it would be an easy fit to say expect more in the future as this shouldn't bomb like SNES or better.

I really want this to be true. Also, I really want to softmod my NES mini. :D
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Well my speculative source on that is the same as anywhere I get my info, which is offline as I don't peddle in bullshit rumor. Some of it ends up as such if projects change, get derailed, or get canned but at the time I learn something it's the supposed truth. I put another nugget about the NX in that thread too. This one here though isn't proven as it's not seen internally yet, but going by what little is known offline and what is out there now (like the Wii ports) it fits.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Yeah, I saw what you posted in the NX thread. You may be right on that point too. Time will tell.

I'm a "seeing is believing" sort of guy. So I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes. No offense; I just don't give much consideration to anonymous sources. I'll find out for certain after ifixit.com posts a NES mini console teardown. That's the gold standard for me. I like seeing what's inside a console with my own eyes, ya know?