Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces

Post by Tanooki »

Yeah actually being an ass about someone having a different opinion makes you a child pretty much.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Tanooki wrote:Yeah actually being an ass about someone having a different opinion makes you a child pretty much.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it isn't an entitled opinion.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Pre-ordered. Really excited for this. SEGA is doing a good job this year. 2 Yakuza games in the west. A new Valkyria Chronicles on all consoles a brand new Virtual On. Been a long time since SEGA was this good in 1 year.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Segata wrote:Pre-ordered. Really excited for this. SEGA is doing a good job this year. 2 Yakuza games in the west. A new Valkyria Chronicles on all consoles a brand new Virtual On. Been a long time since SEGA was this good in 1 year.

A Shining game being localized... A new Sonic Racing game teased...
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

This looks really nice, bit like the physical release of Stardew. Don't usually double dip but this game is definitely worth it.

If we do get another Sega racing game I will be so pleased. Loved the last one.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I know they said the racing game wasn't a sequel (or was it that it wasn't based on an existing title, I don't remember), but the way the R was highlighted... I wouldn't mind revisiting Sonic R.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

marurun wrote:I know they said the racing game wasn't a sequel (or was it that it wasn't based on an existing title, I don't remember), but the way the R was highlighted... I wouldn't mind revisiting Sonic R.

I can't work out if they highlighted the 'R' and made it the same font just for hype and to get people talking, or if there's going to be a genuine link. The emphasis on cars in the teaser trailer makes me guess the R thing is just a publicity stunt, since Sonic R wasn't anything to do with kart or car racing. Who knows though?

I would love a sequel to Sonic R. Think about it; Sonic travels faster than the speed of light, karts and cars do not. Therefore, Sonic racing in cars and not on foot makes no sense. I'd seriously love a sequel built on a new engine too with modern gameplay.
Last edited by Reprise on Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
marurun

Post by marurun »

Well, the problem with Sonic on foot, and the reason most Sonic racing has been with cars or carts, and the reason some folks had trouble with Sonic R, is that they expect a Sonic on foot to respond quickly and turn around instantly and so forth, but for racing you want that more momentum-based feel.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

That was supposed to say 'faster than the speed of light'. Woops. Fixed now.

And I wasn't being completely serious. I was just being facetious and pointing out how funny it is that Sega have created a whole narrative around Sonic being 'the fastest thing alive' and then they shove him in a car to race. It was somewhat of a joke. But you're right, there was a more serious point in there that I would happily welcome a Sonic racing game with the characters racing on foot and, more specifically, a sequel to Sonic R.

A lot of people didn't like Sonic R. It did take a while to get used to. The controls used were like those used for a car racing game, which you don't expect for a character that is running on foot. In addition, the actually handling was quite slippery. The developers couldn't seem to decide if they should handle more like a kart racer would if they should handle like one would expect Sonic to handle whilst on foot.

There's no reason why a sequel couldn't have easier and better controls and handling though.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Tanooki wrote:I never got it as I didn't like it was download only and felt it was too much for digital. I was waiting on a killer steam deal that knocked it down a heap

I haven't bought it yet for similar reasons. I didn't think it was too expensive for digital by any means, but there's no urgency in digital games - no finite supply - so if it's not a game I'm DYING to play, there's no reason for me to buy it early rather than waiting for a sale.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.