Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Melek-Ric wrote:Will the Plus update be free to digital owners? Did they mention when it's coming out?

I'm happy it's getting a physical release but wish it came out day one with digital. Also where is the OST?

The fact the physical edition took so long to come out shows how little faith Sega had with the title. With its huge success I'm sure Sega said, "Do more!" I really hope the features are free or a very nominal fee for early adopters. Maybe give the artbook as a digital form for them. Because for real, if I knew we would be getting new modes and characters I would have waited!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

It's cool that it's coming out for those who haven't already bought the game but I'm a little annoyed by the double dipping. If there's ever any used copies for like five bucks or so I'll consider it but I'm not paying full price.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I never got it as I didn't like it was download only and felt it was too much for digital. I was waiting on a killer steam deal that knocked it down a heap, but this I'll do for Switch instead when it pops up. I have never been huge on sonic but I did really like the first two, the NGPC release, and the sms/gg first couple were decent as well.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

It felt like too much for digital? It is very fairly priced.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Reprise wrote:It felt like too much for digital? It is very fairly priced.

Oh no. Don't get him started.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Reprise wrote:It felt like too much for digital? It is very fairly priced.

Oh no. Don't get him started.

They should be paying HIM to get him to accept digital titles.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

from Gamesradar:

physical copy which contains the base game, plus a 32-page art book, Encore mode (essentially a pumped up version of New Game Plus, which includes tweaks to Mania's levels), a four-player competitive mode, and two new characters: Ray the Flying Squirrel and Mighty the Armadillo.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I just pre-ordered it this evening. I want this day one (which seems daft, since I already own the digital version, but oh well!).
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Troll all you like babies. I stand by what I said, and I'm not going to get started on anything. When it arrives I think I will make time for it. Nothing more or less.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Tanooki wrote:Troll all you like babies. I stand by what I said, and I'm not going to get started on anything. When it arrives I think I will make time for it. Nothing more or less.

You are right. We are the babies that complain endlessly about being, "screwed," over by the digital medium.