Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Krejlooc
128-bit

Re: Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces

Post by Krejlooc »

MrPopo wrote:When the mini sonic does his spindash, he might do a straight one or a jumping one. Hitting the jumping one into Metal Sonic is quite easy, and the way the timing works you don't even need to react to which one he's doing; if he does a straight dash you'll just jump over it.

This tactic is almost impossible with Knuckles because he jumps lower than Sonic, and thus won't bounce silver sonic up high enough. He'll go under metal sonic. If you're going to do it this way, you have to get under Silver Sonic and vollyball him in to the air. Which is really difficult.

That's 100% the wrong strategy anyways. The correct, easy way to beat that boss is to spin dash into Silver Sonic while Silver Sonic is still revving up his spindash. If you do that, you'll knock him back and he'll fling up into Metal Sonic every single time. It's a guaranteed hit.

Also, won't spoil it or how to get to it, but there is a third, hidden ending to the game that is pretty damn funny. You can't access it through normal play, you gotta cheat to get it.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Well, sure, you could do it the easy way.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Anyone else think this octopus boss is a bastard?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

That's definitely the boss I died to the most. Once I figured out the attack pattern I should be doing he became much easier.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

my problem is if I get hit even once, I can't seem to get any damn rings back. That and somehow I'm often dying by falling into the water. Like, I'm just not "swimming" fast enough or something. I don't know. I got annoyed and rage quit last night. I'll tackle him w/ fresh mind over the weekend.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

The rings, that just takes a little practice. And as you progress the fight it's less and less of an issue. As for the oil, just assume every time you land in it to jump; unless you're a professional you shouldn't try to walk/run through it for periods at a time. Just constant jumping.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I just did the octopus now. It didn't give me too much trouble actually. I only died once. The trick I found that worked for me is make sure you stay on platforms or get on platforms. Duck immediately and nothing should hit you. If it's the missile shooter that comes up, stay ducked as it usually tries shooting high up. If it goes level with the platform, just jump at the right time. As for hitting the octopus itself to defeat it, it's quite easy to tell when it's going to pop up. It's easier to be on a platform, then just jump to it and keep hitting it. Rinse, repeat.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

you have to take out its arms with the grey ball things on them too right? Or is it just the head that matters?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Head is all that needs to be killed, but the arms die in four hits and stop shooting you when killed.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I didn't actively aim for the grey balls on the arms, but managed to take a couple out by accident, whether it was me or Tails hitting them. I just focussed on the octopus head.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328