Post by Betagam7 »

1. Shenmue
2. Rez
3. Fire Pro Wrestling D
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Re: Top 3 (Official) Dreamcast Games

Post by TEKTORO »

I think I'm sticking with these as far as playing and collecting goes. I still like Lodoss War & Berserk just not going out of my way to re- acquire.

All I haves:
-Armada
-D2
-Elemental Gimmick Gear
-Grandia II
-Silver

Edit: totally did a 180 and getting out of the DC, great games but sonys calling me.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

Silver, really? that game was good? huh

Shenmue 2
Rez
Crazy Taxi
tel3caster

Post by tel3caster »

1. Rez
2. Chaos Field/Mars Matrix (I can't decide between the two)
3. Capcom vs SNK 2
Soldier Blue
128-bit

Post by Soldier Blue »

1. Shenmue
2. Mars Matrix
3. Sonic Adventure 2

Honorable Mention:

Tech Romancer
Power Stone 1 and 2
Evolution
Soul Calibur
Blue Stinger
Armada
Crazy Taxi

There are still quite a few good games I haven't had a chance to play yet though. They are getting quite pricey. And those of you mentioning Silver please explain because I though that game was horrible.
Racketboy and Seller Feedback: Racketboy +7,
Video Price Charting Store:
https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?se ... rni7irmnam
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

The Dreamcast is kind of a weird console for me. After it was discontinued, they were super cheap at Funco Land. This is when I first got a DC, along with Sonic Adventure, Mortal Kombat Gold and a couple other cheap games. I spent a lot of hours playing the DC. Maybe not nearly as much as some other console, but a decent amount of time nonetheless. Still, I haven't played THAT many games for it. I keep meaning to try out more DC games, but yeah, too many video games to play and not enough time.

That being said, I don't believe my personal favorites for the consoles have been mentioned in this thread.

1. Tony Hawk Pro Skater

To hell with the sequels, I have so much nostalgia for the first game. When it first came out, I played the N64 version on a rental numerous times. I couldn't afford to buy a copy. After I got a Dreamcast, I got a used disc-only copy of THPS from Blockbuster for like $15 (haha).

This version blew me away, as it looked so much better than the N64 (as well as the PS1 version, which I had never played). The songs weren't in short loops, and there were more songs, and giant video screens in some levels, and a bunch of other stuff. I hate the Dreamcast D-pad for this game, but this is still the definitive version of the game in my book (I think an HD version came out on PSN, but I don't care).

2. The Typing of the Dead

One of the best "pick up and go" games, in my opinion. And one of the best non-gamer party games. You only need to know how to type on a keyboard to be able to play this game. It's such a silly concept, but for some reason I find it to be so much fun.

It's also wild enough that just about everyone gets a kick out of it. I've played it a few times when I had friends over. Whoa, a Sega Dreamcast? Whaaa? Keyboards? Wait, what!? You have to type stuff to play this game? It's just so crazy and wacky, and strangely fun that everyone has a good time playing it.

For this game alone, I will never get rid of my Dreamcast or my two keyboards.

3. Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX

Nothing groundbreaking, but I had just as much fun playing this game as I did with THPS. Dave Mirra and THPS are probably the two DC games that I've clocked the most amount of hours playing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sonic Adventure was the first DC game I ever played. I played a lot of it back then, but I don't think I would like it if I played it now. Mortal Kombat Gold was one of the first games I owned for the DC, and another game that I spent a lot of time playing. But again, I haven't played it in ages, I'm not sure how much I would like it today.

I own and have played Skies. I got kinda far in it, but lost interest and stopped playing. I've been meaning to, for years, go back and play through it from start to finish. What I played of it, I enjoyed. But since I never finished it, I can't really rate it in my head. If we're talking about just how much fun I've had with DC games, I might put this in my #4 spot. Hell, maybe if I played it again and actually beat it, it would move into my top 3.

There's one or two dozen other DC games that I've played, but nothing that I really enjoyed the hell out of.
Reseeded Hareline
8-bit

Post by Reseeded Hareline »

Speed Devils Online
Shadowman
Code Veronica
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Seaman
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

G-Darius
32-bit

Post by G-Darius »

Should be an easy question but I have had to think a little..
1.Shenmue
2.Resident Evil : Code Veronica
3.Tomb Raider : Last Revelation
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Seaman

I just knew this was on your list. I wish we got an English version of Seaman 2 on ps2.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.