Virtua Cop 2 Stunner Bundle - Question

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Virtua Cop 2 Stunner Bundle - Question

Post by Jagosaurus »

Hey all, I bought this at a flea market in the West Texas desert about 5 years ago or so from a 70 year old guy lol. Not relevant but fun info :lol: .

I am curious about the packaging of this. It appears to me Sega might have released 2 versions of this. Did any of the Virtua Cop 2 stunner bundles come with artwork in the jewel case? :?:

Looks like it came with:
- Orange stunner light gun in cardboard tray/holder
- Single cardboard "sheet"
- Game in jewel case*
*any released with artwork in jewel case?
- Full size manual in plastic sleeve
- Registration card?
- Light gun warning/use "manual"?

Example w/o artwork:

Seems the jewel case for Virtua Cop 1 stunner bundle did have artwork.

Anyone have this? Any info or artwork or officially what was included?

If you've seen my BST thread, I'm clearing sone stuff out. Considering letting go of this but hunting more info.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
IrishNinja
64-bit

Re: Virtua Cop 2 Stunner Bundle - Question

Post by IrishNinja »

I'm afraid i was late to the Saturn party & don't have any answers for you, but am shopping around for lightguns to use on my freshly-setup CRT, so ill keep an eye on your BST thread!

*edit aww i shoulda bought 18 wheeler
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

IrishNinja wrote:I'm afraid i was late to the Saturn party & don't have any answers for you, but am shopping around for lightguns to use on my freshly-setup CRT, so ill keep an eye on your BST thread!

*edit aww i shoulda bought 18 wheeler

Well no one has bought the DC lot on ebay yet so it might all still be available. Only did a 3 day BIN window. Will let you know if it doesn't go!

I'm thinking the VC2 Stunner bundle did not come with art work on the jewel case. I got this from the original owner who kept the cardboard and the manual. Can't see him chunking the jewel case art work lol. This plus the 3 photos above make think it came like this.

flash1987v2
8-bit

Post by flash1987v2 »

I had one of these forever ago, don't remember there being artwork but we're talking 10+ years
SaturnHST
24-bit

Post by SaturnHST »

The VC2 bundle did not come with any artwork or cover for the game. It's just the disc in a generic jewel case.

This site has a complete listing of all the parts: http://www.satakore.com/sega-saturn-game,,81052,,Virtua-Cop-2-with-Stunner-Arcade-Gun-USA.html

A complete set would include:
CD (Not For Resale version)
Standard CD Case
Manual (standard longbox manual)
Cardboard Box
2 Interior Cardboard Packagings
Stunner Arcade Gun, its Wire Twist Tie and its Plastic Bag
Stunner Arcade Gun Manual
Stunner Arcade Gun Regcard

On that site you can see there is artwork on the jewel case, but I asked the site owner and he said the artwork was a bonus item from a magazine and not originally included at retail.

Only the PAL and Japanese VC2 bundles had cover/artwork for the jewel case.

The VC1 bundle does have a manual (jewel case size) and back cover for the jewel case:
http://www.satakore.com/sega-saturn-game,,81026,,Virtua-Cop-with-Stunner-Arcade-Gun-USA.html

I've also seen a variant of the VC1 bundle that is just the standard Stunner gun box with a sticker label:
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Great link! I've ran across his site before.

Good point. I forgot to mention one reason I was confused was that there is literally a photo on the outter box of the jewel case with artwork.

I need to open mine back up. I think I'm missing the 2nd cardboard sheet & the stunner warning/reg pamphlets.

I might be offloading my CRT so Im still considering letting this one go as it won't work on my future gameroom TV.

Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Virtua Cop 2 Stunner Bundle - Question (Decided to Sell

Post by Jagosaurus »

For anyone interested, this is now for sale. I decided to let it go considering I no longer own my 2 CRTs (space saving measure).

Check my BST link in signature. Leaving it FS on RB and Atari Age for a bit. Will eventually move to ebay if no one PMs me.

Hope it finds a good CRT home! Posted pics of my personal stunner set in my FS/BST thread.