Sega CD Burning issues

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
chemdream

Sega CD Burning issues

Post by chemdream »

Hi all.

I'm having a problem burning some of my Bin/Cue Sega CD files.

Some work absolutely perfect. But some have static for music, but the sound fx seem to be working. So far, After Burner 3 and Earthworm Jim?

I thought it might be an MP3 vs Wav issues. But these are already Bin/Cue files, so the should already be Wav files, right?

Thanks so much!
Ziggy

Re: Sega CD Burning issues

Post by Ziggy »

chemdream wrote:I thought it might be an MP3 vs Wav issues. But these are already Bin/Cue files, so the should already be Wav files, right?

Not necessarily. Unless you created the images yourself, you have no way of knowing what's going on. Your BIN/CUE images could have once been in the ISO+mp3 format that someone converted to BIN/CUE, but the damage was already done.

For the images you are having issues with, try testing them in an emulator to verify them. Mount the image in either a virtual drive or the emulator itself. This will rule out bad burns and the console being the issue. If you get the same issues with the image in an emulator, you have a bad image.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Re: Sega CD Burning issues

Post by KalessinDB »

Also try using different burning software. I had that issue a long time ago with some Saturn dumps from a known good dumping group, switched to their recommended burning software and hey presto everything works perfect.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread