Saturn Convinced?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: Saturn Convinced?

Post by Reprise »

flojocabron wrote:I'm so grateful that I completed most of my saturn collecting before the era of ebay!

Me too! I bought my Saturn just at the tail end of the Dreamcast's life, in the early 2000s. Best decision ever. Mint, complete copy of Burning Rangers for £15? Saturn games from as little as £5? Don't mind if I do :P
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:the true "must play" Sega Saturn games are: Dragon Force, Guardian Heroes, Nights, Panzer Dragoon, Panzer Dragoon II, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Radiant Silvergun.

Well "must play" is of course totally subjective, but I there are more Saturn exclusive games worth playing than just those:

Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean
Assault Suits Leynos II (import granted)
Astal
Burning Rangers
Clockwork Knight
Clockwork Knight 2
Cyber Speedway
Dark Savior
Deep Fear
Final Fight Revenge
Magic Knight Rayearth
Mr. Bones
Shining Force III
Shining the Holy Ark
Shinobi Legions
The Legend of Oasis (AKA The Story of Thor 2)
Virtual Hydlide

And that's without even mentioning the voluminous Japanese import selections.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

With the exception of Final Fight Revenge, those are all great games, and I own many of them. Some of them have not aged particularly well, however, and I really do not consider any of them essential. (I am certain that there are some great, "must play" Japanese games for the Sega Saturn, but I am not familiar with that library.)
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Burning Rangers, Shining Force III and Assault Suit Leynos 2 are awesome. Otherwise, I agree I wouldn't call many of those essential. But then it's all subjective anyways.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

Put up the question on the last page, but more or less how much is it to mail off a Saturn?

Have any of you shipped one before?

I need some info, purty pleeze.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

flojocabron wrote:Put up the question on the last page, but more or less how much is it to mail off a Saturn?

Have any of you shipped one before?

I need some info, purty pleeze.

I shipped one to the Yukon once. (Seriously.) It cost $30+. It would probably cost a lot less to ship it domestically, however.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Not now. Rates had another significant uptick a couple months back.

5lbs to CAN is about $45; domestically from one coast to the other about $30. If the buyer is in CALI w/you, closer to $10-12, but count on at least $20 otherwise.
Soldier Blue
128-bit

Post by Soldier Blue »

I honestly would say don't bother. I've played most of the really pricey NTSC Saturn exclusives, and I can say they really aren't worth the ridiculous price they command.

Now if you want, pick up a Japanese Saturn and a handful of cheap games and have fun.
Racketboy and Seller Feedback: Racketboy +7,
Video Price Charting Store:
https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?se ... rni7irmnam
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Soldier Blue wrote:I honestly would say don't bother. I've played most of the really pricey NTSC Saturn exclusives, and I can say they really aren't worth the ridiculous price they command.

Now if you want, pick up a Japanese Saturn and a handful of cheap games and have fun.

What's the best place to get saturn imports? Just curious
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

strangenova wrote:
Soldier Blue wrote:I honestly would say don't bother. I've played most of the really pricey NTSC Saturn exclusives, and I can say they really aren't worth the ridiculous price they command.

What's the best place to get saturn imports? Just curious

Japan. They're really cheap. Just bring a decent sized suitcase and make a pilgrimage to all the recycle shops across the country. You'll make out like a bandit.