Saturn Convinced?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
strangenova
Next-Gen

Re: Saturn Convinced?

Post by strangenova »

hydraulix wrote:I love my Saturn, not sure what genre you're into, but it's got a solid library for most. Personally I like shmups and RPGs, and there are some good ones you can't find anywhere else. It's a tough system to find cheap these days, but worth it.
My favorite genre is 2D platformers which is what caught my attention. Astal looks awesome and Symphony of the Night is one of my favorite games and I'd love to play the saturn version, behind that are rpgs which yeah like you said there are alot of exclusives on the saturn.
deathsled
128-bit

Post by deathsled »

Exhuminator wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:the true "must play" Sega Saturn games are: Dragon Force, Guardian Heroes, Nights, Panzer Dragoon, Panzer Dragoon II, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Radiant Silvergun.

Well "must play" is of course totally subjective, but I there are more Saturn exclusive games worth playing than just those:

Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean
Assault Suits Leynos II (import granted)
Astal
Burning Rangers
Clockwork Knight
Clockwork Knight 2
Cyber Speedway
Dark Savior
Deep Fear
Final Fight Revenge
Magic Knight Rayearth
Mr. Bones
Shining Force III
Shining the Holy Ark
Shinobi Legions
The Legend of Oasis (AKA The Story of Thor 2)
Virtual Hydlide

And that's without even mentioning the voluminous Japanese import selections.

Virtual Hydlide? When you say "worth playing" you must mean "worth playing to see how terrible it is" :shock:
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

The entire Hydlide series rules.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

deathsled wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:the true "must play" Sega Saturn games are: Dragon Force, Guardian Heroes, Nights, Panzer Dragoon, Panzer Dragoon II, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Radiant Silvergun.

Well "must play" is of course totally subjective, but I there are more Saturn exclusive games worth playing than just those:

Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean
Assault Suits Leynos II (import granted)
Astal
Burning Rangers
Clockwork Knight
Clockwork Knight 2
Cyber Speedway
Dark Savior
Deep Fear
Final Fight Revenge
Magic Knight Rayearth
Mr. Bones
Shining Force III
Shining the Holy Ark
Shinobi Legions
The Legend of Oasis (AKA The Story of Thor 2)
Virtual Hydlide

And that's without even mentioning the voluminous Japanese import selections.

Virtual Hydlide? When you say "worth playing" you must mean "worth playing to see how terrible it is" :shock:

Sometimes I put stuff like that in my posts to see if anyone actually does read them.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

having dived in late as well, Saturn is one of my favorite sega systems now...but as was said here, even imports have gone up. best thing you can invest in is a modchip or flashed action replay & explore the library at your leisure!
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

I've had a 3D controller for some five or six years and have only used it a handful of times. I'd recommend it for NiGHTS into Dreams..., but there are other ways of playing the game with analog sticks on modern platforms. Maybe for Burning Rangers?
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|