SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: How is your Game Gear gaming going?

by Jagosaurus Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:02 am

I had 2 buddies with a game gear growing up. I loved it! Also, it was part of the movie Surf Ninjas which was awesome back then.

I recent got GG ROMS running via the PS2 PSMS emulator. Games run great great! Seems like an easy alternative to the dying system needed repairs.

You guys mind making some suggestions? Top 5 games maybe & a couple off the beaten path.

I really only gave experience with Sonic, Vampire, & an aircraft shooting game... mightve been Jungle Strike.

Definitely interested in Panzer Dragoon Mini.
marurun

by marurun Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:09 pm

Dragon Crystal and Ax Battler are both pretty fun. The first is a roguelike and the second a Zelda clone.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:35 pm

Legend of Oasis is a solid RPG, not many on there. Ristar is not the Genesis game, some say it's superior since it's not censored/watered down. I personally like Ninja Gaiden but I know others don't for whatever reason. Aerial Assault is a really nice horizontal shooter that shouldn't get overlooked.
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:52 pm

I can't wait to get some gaming done for tomorrow. After I clean the house and spend s couple of hours applying to jobs I'm playing some game gear
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:01 pm

I put a little time on Defender of Oasis yesterday evening, cleared that first chapter getting the Genie, and then made it through a nasty desert to a town and ended up with +1 team members taking me to 3 now. Ranked enough up cash/xp wise so that I could buy 2 of the nicer swords, but still need to make $2100 for some armor for the 2. Genie can't use any gear, you buy 2 items of which one raises HP the other MP...a necessity being the primary spell caster.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:37 pm

Ok time to wake this thread up.

I got Legend of Illusion within the last week, found it for $3.

But the real fun was a package I didn't expect so fast from the UK today in the mail. :)

$21USD shipped for:
- Halley Wars
- Magical Puzzle Popils
- Pengo

That is all other than 1 away from 40. ;) Not sure how far I'll take this craziness, probably should put more time into it, but now I'm oggling the SNES thanks to that anniversary 2 days ago.
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:39 pm

Haven't bought anything but hopefully I'll be back in the game in sept and continue to collect
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:44 pm

I'm going to slow up, too many games to mess with. Those 3 there I only grabbed because the guy was giving them away (free global shipping) so I doubt he got much at all after shipping and it made it cheaper than buying local.

You know what I'm up to, trying to lower the # not raise it.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:30 am

Played some Vampire Master of Darkness tonight & really enjoyed it. I'm playing via the PSMS emulator on my modded PS2. Games look & run great.

Will be reading this thread to gather more recommendations. I'd really like to dive further into the library.
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:35 am

Was playing some joe Montana football last night. Had a great time playing it. Decent football game for the game gear
Return to Sega