How is your Game Gear gaming going?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: How is your Game Gear gaming going?

Post by alienjesus »

mas wrote:Played sonic 1 last night on the gg. Man this was the first time I really played it and I love this version more than I do on the genesis. Maybe it's just that I've played the genesis versions of sonic so much that I e ended up hating the series. Now I look forward to come home and play it

If you get the chance to play it on Master System, it's even better there. The extra screen space really helps.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

The space helps, I've had both, only have the GG now and I really don't consider it much of a loss, but I do in fact prefer portable Sonic over Genesis too. Even if it also lacks the spin dash if I recall right, it still feels less stiff.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

It's been a while but been playing sonic 1 and World Series 95. This is when baseball games were fun and fast pacing. Want to pic up ms PAC man next
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Well when you get your finances in order or find you have something of trade value I'd be interested in (toys or games) I've got most of my GG games left, just 6 are accounted for bought or bid on ebay currently. Maybe something left will remain you'd be interested in, or anyone else for that matter as I'd rather keep it here than off that feeding frenzy.]

As long as the system is surely making you happy good job keeping it. Just keep that as your go-to to collect for as the US carts left you don't own are almost entirely really cheap. Even those that aren't like Shining Force only fall into the $20-30 range and not $100 like megaman which you thankfully have.
G-Darius
32-bit

Post by G-Darius »

Just Choplifter III recently on GG , not that I can get too deep into the game but to be honest that is probably why I keep coming back to it.
Last edited by G-Darius on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

After two months of playing the game gear for like ten minutes or so every night my batteries finally died on me.
I bought the energizer ultimate batteries and they lasted that long awesome
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

That's pretty solid, considering the GG is a battery vacuum.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Makes me wonder how long the GG I had with the CGL removed for LED lighting would have lasted as it supposedly would last around 2.5 to 3x as long.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

I only played it for like ten minutes every other or every two nights but as of late every night till I feel asleep
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I just realized that I think I still have 2 Game Gear systems that need new caps. One I think just needs audio, the other I think needs both audio/video. ANYWAY, if I do have these around is anyone interested in taking these off my hands?