Dreamclub - Round 4: TBA

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Dreamclub - Round 4: TBA

Post by noiseredux »

anyone else got DOA2 besides me and mas? Anyone else interested in revisiting this thread?
marurun

Post by marurun »

I have DOA2, but I'm not sure my DC is hooked up. We're moving in a month or so, so the state of consoles is a mess.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

heh, I remember when we moved I packed up all of my games and consoles except a very small few so that I'd have *something* to play for that month leading up. I left myself with just a Dreamcast with PSO and the Sega Smash Pack, along w/ the NGPC loaded up w/ Bust-A-Move. Good memories.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Once we hit February or March I'll be working on setting up my dedicated retro space. And then I can break out DOA2, one of the great fighting game underdogs.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

I haz DoA2.

I'm down with the Dreamclub. Make it official and I'll take a stab at it.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Vance! Yes!
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I have DoA2... In fact, I have two copies :P

I have the PAL version and the Limited Edition Japanese version with the extra stages, characters and costumes etc.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I need to pick up a copy of the JPN LE again. The bonus stuff is cool, and the price is always good.

Anyway, I'm thinking there's that mode that's like a survival mode - how does that work? Is it endless? I've never played it much. Maybe that would be a good way to play for score or something?
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Yeah, the JPN LE is an absolute bargain and the definitive edition on the Dreamcast.

It's been a while since I've played, but I think it is literally a standard Survival Mode - i.e. endless opponents, see how many you can beat.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

if it is absolutely endless, then might be fun to see what round you can get to. If it's survival of just the set # of opponents in the game, then play for score I'd say.