SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
mas
Next-Gen

Re: How's Your Sega MegaDrive/Genesis Gaming Going On?

by mas Sun May 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Jagosaurus wrote:I own an Ever Mega Drive v2 and am always a fan of hardware, but I am loving Fusion these days for all things Sega. It does such a great job on Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, SMS, & GG.

Any one using a USB Sega Genesis controller? The Buffalo SNES controller is great and will be hard to match but I just feel wrong playing SEGA games with it :P. Any recommendations?

@mas, I'd recommend loading up Sega CD games in Fusion before you start spending a lot on the better games. It cost me $0 & took me 5 minutes or less to DL Snatcher and get it running on my first attempt. Then justify ponying up the cash if it's a game you really like. My Sega CD Collection wad mostly commons and it sold for a decent amount back in 2013. I'm scared to even look at Sega CD prices today. Just my 2 cents.

Also keep in mind Fusion can run real Sega CD games from your PC CD ROM tray if you want to save wear & tear on the new (to you) but fragile console while collecting actual games. You don't need a beefy computer. I have a 6 year old entry level Windows 7 machine that runs it great.

Ohh I won't buy anything unless it's dirt cheap and now I just do back ups. Got enough from Irish ninja for a while and I have like 6 actual sega cd games so I'm good.
PresidentLeever
128-bit

by PresidentLeever Fri May 19, 2017 10:41 am

Haven't played much but I've been making a lot of YM2612+SN76489 covers of music from other systems lately.

https://soundcloud.com/alex-l-182148842/tracks
http://minirevver.weebly.com/ - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, rom hacks, chip music, mockups, misc. lists
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

by Violent By Design Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:00 am

I got the Sonic Ultimate Genesis collection for PS3, does anyone know any other good Genesis-esque anthologies for console? Preferably PS3 though I do have 360 and Wii.
strangenova
Next-Gen

by strangenova Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:41 am

Violent By Design wrote:I got the Sonic Ultimate Genesis collection for PS3, does anyone know any other good Genesis-esque anthologies for console? Preferably PS3 though I do have 360 and Wii.
Here's a recent thread on that very topic.
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=51285
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:52 am

What's the big deal with Kid Chameleon? I found the levels absolutely uninspiring and repetitive, the collectathon to be a bore, and the controls lackluster at best. The only I liked was the character design, but that's not enough.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:55 pm

o.pwuaioc wrote:What's the big deal with Kid Chameleon? I found the levels absolutely uninspiring and repetitive, the collectathon to be a bore, and the controls lackluster at best. The only I liked was the character design, but that's not enough.

It's mostly popular for it's length and insane amount of secrets as well as its variety of power ups. It was seen as a Mario competitor when it came out but by today's standards it is a fairly bland platformer that a lot of people are nostalgic about.

I wouldn't rank it among the greatest games on the console but it's not a bad game either. It'd be better with saves or a password system.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:23 pm

o.pwuaioc wrote:What's the big deal with Kid Chameleon? I found the levels absolutely uninspiring and repetitive, the collectathon to be a bore, and the controls lackluster at best. The only I liked was the character design, but that's not enough.

It sucks balls. That's the deal.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:30 pm

I'm glad I'm not alone. It gets such rave reviews, for second I thought that maybe I did indeed lack all heart.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:18 pm

I wouldn't say it gets rave reviews... it gets mediocre reviews from what I've seen, even the ones from back in the day (at least from magazines that weren't affiliated with Sega or the Genesis/MD).
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo ID: Mark-Beth
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
marurun

by marurun Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:24 pm

It's certainly more original than many of the other Mario-knockoff mascot platformers.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Sega