SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Re: How's Your Sega MegaDrive/Genesis Gaming Going On?

by samsonlonghair Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:31 am

Death and Return of Superman is a video game featuring a guy dressed up like Superman, except that he's slower than a speeding bullet, less powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap knee high in a single bound. :lol: That's not really the Superman experience I was seeking.
TSTR wrote:Superman seems like he'd be so hard to nail down properly in a video game without just turning into GOD: THE EXPERIENCE.

Hard, but not impossible. I cannot think of a single video game that got Superman really right, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. Imagine Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction but with the ability to fly and X-Ray vision. There should be some kind of good vs evil mechanic (think KOTOR) that rewards the player for doing good deeds rather than using super powers for evil.
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:44 am

Doesn't superman fly in the first game on the Sega Genesis. I've always somehow liked that game. I remember renting the game at Blockbuster almost once a month
IrishNinja
64-bit

by IrishNinja Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:14 pm

yeah, games like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction proved to me you can totally nail certain characters in games, it just takes some work. Punisher, Spidey, Batman, several greats have had that - superman's flight in Returns was good, at least. they just need a game built around that.

..god i'd kill for a good Daredevil game.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:32 pm

Look at Asura's Wrath. Games on that scale can totally be done. And that game is nuts.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
marlowe221
Next-Gen

by marlowe221 Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:47 pm

Does anyone have any notion of what a fair price for a Thunder Force III cart is these days?

I don't care about the box/manual. I've looked the game up on ebay but... ebay can be weirdly high sometimes.
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:29 pm

marlowe221 wrote:I don't care about the box/manual. I've looked the game up on ebay but... ebay can be weirdly high sometimes [almost always].

Fixed that for you.
I'm out of touch with prices these days though. Everything is overpriced when you started collecting, you did so because everything was a bargain.

I think my copy of TFIII was like $5 back in the day. One of the only shmups that I have played all the way through.
...just another lost soul...
marlowe221
Next-Gen

by marlowe221 Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:09 pm

nightrnr wrote:
marlowe221 wrote:I don't care about the box/manual. I've looked the game up on ebay but... ebay can be weirdly high sometimes [almost always].

Fixed that for you.
I'm out of touch with prices these days though. Everything is overpriced when you started collecting, you did so because everything was a bargain.

I think my copy of TFIII was like $5 back in the day. One of the only shmups that I have played all the way through.

Man, I wish I could find one for $5!

I did find Hyperzone Heist for $5 at a flea market a couple of years ago though.
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Sat May 13, 2017 8:06 am

Just bagged myself a complete copy of Thunder Force IV* :D

*Known as Lightening Force Quest for Darkstar (like wtf is that?) for you guys in North America.

This game is badass!

Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo ID: Mark-Beth
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sat May 13, 2017 4:50 pm

^ Destroys R-Type/Gradius. Probably my favorite shmup. 8)
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Sat May 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Yeah, awesome game! Bloody difficult though (or maybe that's just me being a noob who doesn't play many shmups :P).
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo ID: Mark-Beth
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
Return to Sega