How's Your Sega MegaDrive/Genesis Gaming Going On?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Re: How's Your Sega MegaDrive/Genesis Gaming Going On?

Post by oxymoron »

What's a good price for a Sega Nomad?
MulishaSoldier929
32-bit

Post by MulishaSoldier929 »

oxymoron wrote:What's a good price for a Sega Nomad?

Not sure what they run for nowadays but I would highly recommend investing in either rechargeable batteries or an a/c adapter. Those things would eat AA batteries(6 at a time!) like nothing.
Beer it go good with pizza
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

BurningDoom wrote:
The last Genesis game I did play through was Cadash. I nice combination of fast arcade-action with a little of RPG elements nicely mixed in. The world is an interconnecting 2D platforming fantasy world, too. Which has points going for. My only complaint, really, is that it's far too short.

One of my favorite games ever, though I have the TG16 version. Never thought to try it on Genesis.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
The last Genesis game I did play through was Cadash. I nice combination of fast arcade-action with a little of RPG elements nicely mixed in. The world is an interconnecting 2D platforming fantasy world, too. Which has points going for. My only complaint, really, is that it's far too short.

One of my favorite games ever, though I have the TG16 version. Never thought to try it on Genesis.

From what I've read, you have the better version. You have two extra characters, for one. There is only a warrior and a wizard in the Genesis version.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

samsonlonghair wrote:I had some friends over last night for a dinner party. I pride myself in being a good host when company comes. My woman made delicious sheppard's pie; I was in charge of appetizers. My first plan was to serve a salad, but a cold snap called for a last-moment change of plans.

Luckily, my Sega Genesis bought me some extra time and saved my party.

Two of my friends noticed my Sega Genesis cartridges on the shelf. Without warning, a game of Mortal Kombat broke out while I broke cinnamon sticks in half. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Hyperstone Heist was next. Leonardo and Raphael sliced up foot soldiers while I sliced up apples. My guests pummeled punks in Streets of Rage while I boiled cider. The World of Illusion flickered on screen. Mickey and Donald flew magic carpets as I poured hot apple cider into matching teacups.

Hot cinnamon apple cider is ready. Come and get it!

Dude, this shouldn't be here. This should have its own thread. Genesis: don't have a party without one. :D

MulishaSoldier929 wrote:Picked up "Rocket Knight Adventures" tonight CIB. Still as great as I remember it. A very solid game even today. Fast paced also. Takes full advantage of the Genesis blast processing lol. If you see a copy, snatch it up.

Man, RKA is such a great game. Easily, my favorite platformer on the system. Sorry Sonic.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
MulishaSoldier929
32-bit

Post by MulishaSoldier929 »

GSZX1337 wrote:
MulishaSoldier929 wrote:Picked up "Rocket Knight Adventures" tonight CIB. Still as great as I remember it. A very solid game even today. Fast paced also. Takes full advantage of the Genesis blast processing lol. If you see a copy, snatch it up.

Man, RKA is such a great game. Easily, my favorite platformer on the system. Sorry Sonic.

Wont hand it the Genesis platformer crown just yet, but it definitely gives Sonic a run for his money! Found out last night that they made a sequel(Sparkster), is that as good as RKA?
Beer it go good with pizza
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

BurningDoom wrote:From what I've read, you have the better version. You have two extra characters, for one. There is only a warrior and a wizard in the Genesis version.

Honestly, I only bought the TG16 version because I had no idea it was on Genesis until recently.

Oh crap, I just realized that my local game store has Genesis Cadash. It's under glass and I never bothered to ask about it because I figured it was one of the Golden Axe games. :roll: Might pick it up next time I visit, assuming it's still there.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:From what I've read, you have the better version. You have two extra characters, for one. There is only a warrior and a wizard in the Genesis version.

Honestly, I only bought the TG16 version because I had no idea it was on Genesis until recently.

Oh crap, I just realized that my local game store has Genesis Cadash. It's under glass and I never bothered to ask about it because I figured it was one of the Golden Axe games. :roll: Might pick it up next time I visit, assuming it's still there.

Did any of you Cadash in the arcade? If I recall correctly, the arcade operator could connect two cabinets so that each player could explore the world separately (or...at least...so that both players were not confined to a single screen).

Am I remembering this correctly? If so, that was pretty awesome.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:

Did any of you Cadash in the arcade? If I recall correctly, the arcade operator could connect two cabinets so that each player could explore the world separately (or...at least...so that both players were not confined to a single screen).

Am I remembering this correctly? If so, that was pretty awesome.

Never have. I saw a CGR review of the Genesis game a while back, and immediately got it on the cheap from eBay. I then learned of the various versions of it.

Apparantly the Genesis version is the least wanted version because the most has been cut-out. I'm not sure how much the TG-16 version runs, but I'm on the lookout for it.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

MulishaSoldier929 wrote:Found out last night that they made a sequel(Sparkster), is that as good as RKA?

Short answer: Not really.