How's Your Sega MegaDrive/Genesis Gaming Going On?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: How's Your Sega MegaDrive/Genesis Gaming Going On?

Post by Exhuminator »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Maybe a Shining game or Vermilion.

If you've never beaten Sword of Vermilion, I strongly recommend it. The atmosphere is tremendous, the OST is stupendous, and the bosses are horrendous:

PLAY KING'S FIELD.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

I love his eye panning over to his other head, like he's making sure his other half is keeping up with the horrendous-ness :lol:

Xeogred wrote:^ Destroys R-Type/Gradius. Probably my favorite shmup. 8)

Damn! I do dig TFIV though. It has some balls to it, unlike 3, and the OST is fantastic. Always a good time blowing entire stages away with that CRAW.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Exhuminator wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Maybe a Shining game or Vermilion.

If you've never beaten Sword of Vermilion, I strongly recommend it. The atmosphere is tremendous, the OST is stupendous, and the bosses are horrendous:

Don't ever ask Yu Suzuki about Sword of Vermillion. For some reason he gets angry and deflects the question. Found that out the hard way a few years ago.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I've never played Sword of Vermillion before. I've been meaning to try it out some time. I hear it's a bit clunky and has aged quite a lot. It looks interesting though with all the different gameplay styles.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

I'm going to be getting a cdx complete with original ac adapter also for 200 at the end of June from one of my best friends here. Now I will have s good collection of systems at least
Genesis non tmms
Genesis 2 va1 I know sucks but it was the one I bought with my own money back in 93.
Power base converter for the Genesis original
Sega cd and 32x for model 2 so now that kills the sound and color so I'm good
Genesis 3

I'm still want to get
Arcade stick
Genesis wireless controller
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

Segata wrote:Don't ever ask Yu Suzuki about Sword of Vermillion. For some reason he gets angry and deflects the question. Found that out the hard way a few years ago.

You are not the one to say this, apparently he considers it a fairly poor game that reflects poorly on him or something of the kind.

Still, I like Yu Suzuki a lot as a designer so I want to check it out sometime.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

I own an Ever Mega Drive v2 and am always a fan of hardware, but I am loving Fusion these days for all things Sega. It does such a great job on Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, SMS, & GG.

Any one using a USB Sega Genesis controller? The Buffalo SNES controller is great and will be hard to match but I just feel wrong playing SEGA games with it :P. Any recommendations?

@mas, I'd recommend loading up Sega CD games in Fusion before you start spending a lot on the better games. It cost me $0 & took me 5 minutes or less to DL Snatcher and get it running on my first attempt. Then justify ponying up the cash if it's a game you really like. My Sega CD Collection wad mostly commons and it sold for a decent amount back in 2013. I'm scared to even look at Sega CD prices today. Just my 2 cents.

Also keep in mind Fusion can run real Sega CD games from your PC CD ROM tray if you want to save wear & tear on the new (to you) but fragile console while collecting actual games. You don't need a beefy computer. I have a 6 year old entry level Windows 7 machine that runs it great.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Jagosaurus wrote:I own an Ever Mega Drive v2 and am always a fan of hardware, but I am loving Fusion these days for all things Sega. It does such a great job on Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, SMS, & GG.

Any one using a USB Sega Genesis controller? The Buffalo SNES controller is great and will be hard to match but I just feel wrong playing SEGA games with it :P. Any recommendations?

@mas, I'd recommend loading up Sega CD games in Fusion before you start spending a lot on the better games. It cost me $0 & took me 5 minutes or less to DL Snatcher and get it running on my first attempt. Then justify ponying up the cash if it's a game you really like. My Sega CD Collection wad mostly commons and it sold for a decent amount back in 2013. I'm scared to even look at Sega CD prices today. Just my 2 cents.

Also keep in mind Fusion can run real Sega CD games from your PC CD ROM tray if you want to save wear & tear on the new (to you) but fragile console while collecting actual games. You don't need a beefy computer. I have a 6 year old entry level Windows 7 machine that runs it great.

Ohh I won't buy anything unless it's dirt cheap and now I just do back ups. Got enough from Irish ninja for a while and I have like 6 actual sega cd games so I'm good.
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Post by Violent By Design »

I got the Sonic Ultimate Genesis collection for PS3, does anyone know any other good Genesis-esque anthologies for console? Preferably PS3 though I do have 360 and Wii.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Violent By Design wrote:I got the Sonic Ultimate Genesis collection for PS3, does anyone know any other good Genesis-esque anthologies for console? Preferably PS3 though I do have 360 and Wii.
Here's a recent thread on that very topic.
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=51285