How is your Saturn gaming going?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Segata
Next-Gen

Re: How is your Saturn gaming going?

Post by Segata »

I was thinking of unblocking BMF and for once clicked one of his comments. Nope not unblocking. Seriously has an obsession with me. Weird dude.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Segata wrote:I was thinking of unblocking BMF and for once clicked one of his comments. Nope not unblocking. Seriously has an obsession with me. Weird dude.

That is awfully nice of you to continue to insult me on the forum. if you have a problem with my post, take it up with me in private or with the moderation team.

Linking to your list of games and saying nothing is not contributing to the conversation and I just made a snide remark in response.

What were you expecting in response to that?
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

I remember playing World Series 98 and showing my dad in 98 on how good the game looked. I really remember him playing it and enjoying it
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

mas wrote:I remember playing World Series 98 and showing my dad in 98 on how good the game looked. I really remember him playing it and enjoying it

It was so accessible! Predicting the pitch as a batter to help was so great and added to the mind games of the pitcher/batter relationship! That encouraged waiting for the right pitch and putting pressure on you at the last second if things weren't matching up. It was such a thrill!

Also to note, I loved the NHL games on the Saturn, only because of the year. The Ottawa Senator's goalie was named Ron Tugnuts. The commentary was a world of entertainment.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Damn bogus you still own the Saturn? I sold a lot of the fighters since I have them on coin ops 7 in my Xbox and I just got an x arcade tank stick so I can't wait for that to come in but I somehow always go back to street fighter zero and zero 2 on the Saturn. Even with the loading I just love the controller on the thing.
Astal also is such a great platformer
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

mas wrote:Damn bogus you still own the Saturn? I sold a lot of the fighters since I have them on coin ops 7 in my Xbox and I just got an x arcade tank stick so I can't wait for that to come in but I somehow always go back to street fighter zero and zero 2 on the Saturn. Even with the loading I just love the controller on the thing.
Astal also is such a great platformer

Oh Dude the alpha/zero series is my all time favorite versions of street fighter. Everything in them clicks with me and the Saturn version is spectacular! The Saturn is my all time favorite console because it had my favorite genre at the time... fighters, and had games that took big risks, or played with your imagination. Sure it may not have had the quantity that the PlayStation had, but it had so many high caliber games... definitely a system for the ages.

miked
128-bit

Post by miked »

Just got a new Saturn yesterday! This is the third I have owned. First I sold when I was much younger and dumber to help with a bad financial situation and the second I sold to buy some other gaming stuff and have always regretted the decision.

Had a few extra bucks so I just ordered this one on eBay. Fantastic seller by the way. one of the best ebay transactions ever.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152555559340?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Japanese white Model 2 with 1 controller, SEGA Stunner lightgun and Virtua Cop. Also ordered a matching white 3D control pad. :D

Monday I will get an Action Replay 4 in 1 thats preflashed with the PSeudo Saturn hack for playing backups.

Played some Virtua Cop last night and while the graphics have not aged all that well I still find them charming. Gameplay is still top notch and the Stunner is amazingly accurate. Might have to pick up a second gun for when the guys come over.

Alot has happened in the Saturn scene since I last owned one. Shining Force 3 translation is done and so is the Policenauts translation! This is going to be a good time! :D
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

That is a sweet looking system. Gotta get some gems for that bad boy
Anayo
Next-Gen

Post by Anayo »

I beat Soukyuugurentai recently. It hasn't dethroned my #1 favorite SHMUP of all time (that would be Lords of Thunder on the Turbo Grafx 16 CD), but it's a high quality 2D Saturn title and beating it felt like a big accomplishment.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Anayo wrote:I beat Soukyuugurentai recently. It hasn't dethroned my #1 favorite SHMUP of all time (that would be Lords of Thunder on the Turbo Grafx 16 CD), but it's a high quality 2D Saturn title and beating it felt like a big accomplishment.

Congratulations!!! The beating of any SHMUP is a high accomplishment in my eyes as it is a gente I have a hard time playing. I find that funny because the Saturn is my favorite system and yet no SHMUPS are in my collection. I need to spend more time with the genre in general.