How is your Saturn gaming going?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
SamTheHuman

Re: How is your Saturn gaming going?

Post by SamTheHuman »

New to the racket-boy forums have a pretty nice collection for the Saturn(Panzer Dragoon Saga, Dragonforce, Magical Knight Rayearth, The legend of Oasis, and some others). Unfortunately I don't have a good memory card and I don't have the time to play through some of my collection in one sitting. Pretty neat story how i got the collection, the Saturn wasn't even on my radar before i got it. Have had a lot of fun with some of the other games in my collection and what I've played of those with longer stories.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

You do know that you can replace the system battery yes? (CR2032 flat round battery).
Won't hold your save forever (and a somewhat limited space, especially for Dragon force), but if you leave your system plugged in, it will last a few months at least.
Otherwise, the official memory cart is worth the $30-something you'll spend on it.

Oh, and if you got those games for free or next to nothing, I hate you (just kidding...but seriously :P ).
...just another lost soul...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I fired up Shinobi Legions last night. Is this game really really difficult or am I just bad at games? It might be the latter cuz I feel as though I've made this same comment a lot lately. :lol:
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

noiseredux wrote:I fired up Shinobi Legions last night. Is this game really really difficult or am I just bad at games? It might be the latter cuz I feel as though I've made this same comment a lot lately. :lol:

That game is difficult. I haven't finished it yet.

The level in the building with the lifts you can cut and the spears in the ground is a pain in the ass.

I hear the PAL soundtrack is considered way better for the game. How was the US one?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

alienjesus wrote:I hear the PAL soundtrack is considered way better for the game. How was the US one?

I wasn't aware that they had differing soundtracks. I can't say that I noticed this one as being "awesome" or "terrible." So whatever that means.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

noiseredux wrote:
alienjesus wrote:I hear the PAL soundtrack is considered way better for the game. How was the US one?

I wasn't aware that they had differing soundtracks. I can't say that I noticed this one as being "awesome" or "terrible." So whatever that means.

From what I understand it was pretty much entirely redone for the PAL release to make it sound more like Revenge of Shinobi. The US and Japanese games share the original soundtrack.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Yes, Shinobi Legions can be a bitch.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

alienjesus wrote:The level in the building with the lifts you can cut and the spears in the ground is a pain in the ass.

just got to this part... and rage-quit for the night. :lol:
marurun

Post by marurun »

Same. I really want to beat it someday, as it's a very impressive title overall.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

it is! Now that I've gotten the hang of the pacing, I actually think this is a really good Shinobi entry. I always got the impression it was kind of slept on in the series, but I'm having a great time with it.