SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
marurun

Re: How is your Saturn gaming going?

by marurun Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:32 am

BurningDoom wrote:And when you do have your powers, you're basically just flying in a giant circle. I will give the game props for looking pretty, though.

NiGHTS is just one of those game where the subtleties either interest you or they don't. The game is very well designed and good looking, but the play style is polarizing. There's a lot of complexity there with the stunts, interactions with the Nightopians and enemies, and key elements of the courses. But if that's not interesting to you, it's going to feel an awful lot like "flying in a circle".

To people who don't like beat 'em ups, Final Fight is just a lot of walking to the right and punching the same 5 enemies over and over until you have to punch a boss. And shmups, well...
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

by BurningDoom Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:22 pm

o.pwuaioc wrote:
bryan_65 wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:Also, Astal, but that's expensive.

I had to look that price up and damn, I remember when it was a $20 and under game. I wish it was 2001 again. :lol: If only I had more disposable income back then. Of course I remember lots of gems being at $20.

The price seems to have come down a bit, actually, or else I just am remembering incorrectly. Coincidentally, my JP copy is coming in the mail with Golden Axe Duel. 8)

Yeah, wow. I didn't realize it did go up in price. That just shows how expensive Saturn collecting is getting. I bought my copy of the game, complete, for just over $10 on eBay, and that was about a year ago, maybe a little more.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:07 pm

marurun wrote:But if that's not interesting to you, it's going to feel an awful lot like "flying in a circle".

The thing that bothers me is that even if I was into platformers or perhaps more into racing games (getting through a course quickly), you can barely see where you're going. Due to the size and placement of characters on the screen, if it were a Sonic game it would be like you were running forward over close to the edge of the screen or if it was a driving game you'd have everything disappearing into fog 20 feet ahead of you.

But anyway, it just isn't for me. If others enjoy it, that's great. You don't have me competing for copies with you. :mrgreen:
Mad_Hatter
128-bit

by Mad_Hatter Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Been playing some fighters with my brothers.

Going to get some of the beat em ups recommended before (thanks btw).

Then will have Panzeer Dragoon ready for fall break.
Old Username: sp957

Systems: Genesis, Super Nintendo, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and Windows PC
Handhelds: Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DSi, and New Nintendo 3DS

My Trade Thread
garrett123
64-bit

by garrett123 Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:50 am

decided I didn't like it and sold it.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:20 pm

I recently ordered Christmas Nights bc I enjoy playing games that correspond with holidays. I'll break it out in December & play the two levels lol.

Playing SS Command & Conquer port, GDI disc. Very fun, solid port. I played this & Red Alert for hours on end on the PSX. Great memories. RTS that still holds up. I dig the music a lot!
My Mod Threads
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Jrecee
Next-Gen

by Jrecee Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:51 am

Holy shit you guys are right about the prices. I hadn't looked in quite a while. I bought Astal and Panzer dragoon Zwei for under $10 years ago. Now they're going for $40+???

At least my kmart still has all those copies of panzer dragoon saga for $1.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:58 am

Jrecee wrote:At least my kmart still has all those copies of panzer dragoon saga for $1.

By the way, thanks for the box of them. Remind me later to send you the Tron Bonne box.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:02 am

o.pwuaioc wrote:
Jrecee wrote:At least my kmart still has all those copies of panzer dragoon saga for $1.

By the way, thanks for the box of them. Remind me later to send you the Tron Bonne box.

Seems like an unfair trade. Tron Bonne's actually a good game.
MulishaSoldier929
32-bit

by MulishaSoldier929 Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:28 pm

Here's my new basement decoration. Hope you guys approve 8)
Attachments
IMG_20130919_182608_643.jpg
IMG_20130919_182608_643.jpg (31.69 KiB) Viewed 407 times
Saturnpic1.jpg
Saturnpic1.jpg (25.99 KiB) Viewed 407 times
Beer it go good with pizza
Return to Sega