How is your Saturn gaming going?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
mas
Next-Gen

Re: How is your Saturn gaming going?

Post by mas »

Ok so even though I'm having a hell of a time about my brother rich, I'm needing to ask this question while my wife is shopping for shoes for the funureal and it's been on my mind.
So now that I own that modded Xbox with coinops7 pretty much anything that was an arcade port to the Saturn I own. So with that said except for some titles what games are now worth buying on the Saturn? I'll still do import so here I can say these are games I own and I'll list what I want
I own
Virtua cop 1 and 2
Virtua fighter 2
Daytona USA championship Jpn
Panzer dragoon Jpn
Sega rally
Astal
Clockwork night
Last Bronx
What I can think of only getting
House of the dead Jpn
World Series baseball 2
Die hard arcade
Any other options or any decent imports that are great for the Saturn?
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

yes, go after

Elevator Action Returns
Dungeons & Dragons
Psychic Assassin Taromaru
Battle Garegga

all great games and highly affordable
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

IrishNinja wrote:yes, go after

Elevator Action Returns
Dungeons & Dragons
Psychic Assassin Taromaru
Battle Garegga

all great games and highly affordable

Yeah right they are all too much money lol, I own all those on my modded Xbox. Got any other suggestions
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

in all seriousness, your collection (which is great so far) leans towards arcade stuff, yeah? the sega AGES line is fantastic for that, but like much of the scene has jumped up a bit...i wanna say OutRun, Space Harrier, After Burner, Fantasy Zone etc are still affordable (and all fantastic), Power Drift not so much.

the import of Bomberman is way way cheaper and you only lose a handful of stages too, i wanna say. also, if you're into SHMUPs, Darius Gaiden, Souky & a few are still not too pricey!
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Irish,
No I don't think you understand. On my Xbox I have coinops7 which has all the arcade ports that the Saturn has to offer. They all play smooth and run well. Games like
Elevator action returns
Every street fighter
Every kof
Every darkstalkers
Every shmups that any system had to offer
So pretty much any arcade or shooter or shmups for the most part except for light gun games which still needs to configure that the Saturn had a port of except for a few that I mentioned I now own. I'm now just looking for Saturn games that are kind of exclusive that I can't get anywhere else like nights or any other game that is an ebglish friendly import. See games like battle greagga it's on the coin ops. Maybe I should make a list.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

It is worth noting that quite a few arcade ports to the Saturn have a lot of exclusive content that may make them relevant even if you have access to good arcade emulation.

Hyper Duel would be a great example of this, since the console exclusive mode is better than the arcade game.

Blast Wind is a console exclusive shmup made by TecnoSoft. Steam Hearts is another Saturn exclusive (Technically a port, but its so vastly overhauled that it is really a different game). Its not that good though, unless you want to see T&A on your Saturn while shooting things.

I also prefer to run any STV arcade games on the Saturn vs an arcade emulator, since the Saturn is basically a STV. Having Radiant Silvergun and Soukyugurentai on the console is basically owning the arcade game, but with console bonuses.

Just figured its worth a mention, since you seem to lean towards arcade stuff. Might be worth looking into which ports would offer enough additional content to warrant a purchase.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Been a while and no one threw anything here for a long time but played a lot of vf2 and sega rally today. When I get a chance I really want to get World Series 2 and 98.
I don't even care anymore if I get the case or not. These days as long as I get the game and it works who cares.
I also played some imports and to me I love castlevania on the Saturn
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

mas wrote:Been a while and no one threw anything here for a long time but played a lot of vf2 and sega rally today. When I get a chance I really want to get World Series 2 and 98.
I don't even care anymore if I get the case or not. These days as long as I get the game and it works who cares.
I also played some imports and to me I love castlevania on the Saturn

World Series 98 is my favorite baseball game and is so much fun! I played a full season before and was a goal I attempted and failed numerous times. Such a fulfilling sports game.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Segata wrote:http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=Ryudo&action=&results=&findimages=&folder=Collection&console=%7C060%7C&type=

Everything I have on Saturn atm.

Congratulations?
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.