How is your Saturn gaming going?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
chuckster
32-bit

Re: How is your Saturn gaming going?

Post by chuckster »

When I started looking into getting games for my Saturn a friend gave me when he got his Xbox, the only game I could afford was Daytona USA. I want Guardian Heroes and the D&D Collection so bad, but I just can't afford it. I can emulate both but it's just not the same.

I can't wait for a more user-friendly, widely available optical drive replacement.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Those two aren't terribly expensive to play if you have some modern hardware.

I paid attention to the 360 XBL sales and grabbed a handful of solid Saturn games - D&D, Guardian Heroes, NiGHTs, Radiant Silvergun - for a couple of bucks each over the past few years. They're all backwards compatible on X1, too.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
chuckster
32-bit

Post by chuckster »

So you can still get these today? I only have a 360, and never had usable internet while those arcade titles were coming out. I don't see myself getting a XB1 soon.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I wonder if there's a good LP of Panzer Dragoon Saga out there I can watch...
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

chuckster wrote:So you can still get these today? I only have a 360, and never had usable internet while those arcade titles were coming out. I don't see myself getting a XB1 soon.

Yes.

Fire up that 360 and start buying them on Xbox Live. Massive savings are to be had if it doesn't bother you to own digital copies.

Dungeons and Dragons - $14.99
Guardian Heroes - $4.99
NiGHTS - $9.99
Radiant Silvergun - $14.99

They all have enhanced graphics, some have different modes, and D&D is in full English.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
chuckster
32-bit

Post by chuckster »

I have been eyeing the DnD collection on Jap PS3 for a while, I may go for it. The Gaurdian heroes at $5 is hard to beat though.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Got a scart cable and tried out this convertor https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00988GM ... Mwebp_QL65

Picture looks awesome on my Samsung 4k but there is a slight lag. Just seems to really affect me a bit on shmups, every other genre is good enough. Oh well. Not bad for the price but I need something a little better in the future.

Edit. After switching the tv to gaming mode the slight lag is barely recognizable. Good convertor/upscaler on a budget.
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

a buddy picked me up some of my top saturn wants on the cheap while in japan, and threw in a full-color Shining in the Darkness guide with maps! awesome day today.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I've been picking up quite a few imports the last 6 months. Cheaper versions that aren't text heavy and a few jp exclusives that aren't text heavy. Wish the guy didn't remove his youtube channel, sega lord x, he covered alot of good imports that I wouldn't have known about. I kind of made a list from his reviews and he took his stuff down.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

IrishNinja wrote:Image

a buddy picked me up some of my top saturn wants on the cheap while in japan, and threw in a full-color Shining in the Darkness guide with maps! awesome day today.

Gunbird is so damn good! Shining Force II is just sublime!