SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Re: DREAMCAST VGA QUESTIONS! come here for everything VGA w/ DC.

by xan_racketBOY_fan Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:10 pm

Flake wrote:See the PC connection? That's it.

I purchased the actual box from this site along with a VGA cable. It extended the length quite nicely and reaches my TV with no problem, as well as leaving S-Video an option in case I run into a game that won't work with VGA.

Would they connect properly? Because the VGA cable in racketBOY's store has this end:
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:45 pm

You will need a male to male VGA cable to hook it to your TV yes. Monitors generally have the cable attached to them, thus the bit on the box is short. A trip to a computer store or a visit to Newegg.com or Monoprice.com should sort you out.
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

by xan_racketBOY_fan Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:23 am

Hobie-wan wrote:You will need a male to male VGA cable to hook it to your TV yes. Monitors generally have the cable attached to them, thus the bit on the box is short. A trip to a computer store or a visit to Newegg.com or Monoprice.com should sort you out.

Ah, that makes sense! I never realized monitors already had them attached -- Thanks!
Amplibax
16-bit

by Amplibax Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:43 pm

I have a question. I just bought a VGA box from eBay and I'm pretty happy with how the picture looks on my 26 inch LCD tv, but the problem is I have the vertical lines going down the screen everyone is talking about. They aren't terrible or anything, just a bit annoying. I got the Komodo brand one (with Retro Bit packaging). I was wondering if the same issue occurs one Racket Boy sells.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:59 pm

Amplibax wrote:I have a question. I just bought a VGA box from eBay and I'm pretty happy with how the picture looks on my 26 inch LCD tv, but the problem is I have the vertical lines going down the screen everyone is talking about. They aren't terrible or anything, just a bit annoying. I got the Komodo brand one (with Retro Bit packaging). I was wondering if the same issue occurs one Racket Boy sells.
A pic? I suspect its the LCD dot crawl. See my CRT vs LCD signature link.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Amplibax
16-bit

by Amplibax Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:19 pm

Thanks for the response. Here's a couple pictures of what I'm talking about. The lines are especially noticeable during black loading screens and whatnot.

Sorry for the large picture size, btw.
Attachments
IMG_3193.JPG
IMG_3193.JPG (74.36 KiB) Viewed 782 times
IMG_3188.JPG
IMG_3188.JPG (61.97 KiB) Viewed 785 times
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:42 pm

Maybe turn off the wide screen setting if possible? Dreamcast is designed to display on a 4:3 screen. I think the LCD is trying to compensate by stretching the image resulting in those lines.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Flake

by Flake Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Yeah, I have the same set up on my Dreamcast and that's my favorite game there. If you kill the wide screen it should clean it up.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:25 pm

When I set my tv to 4:3 I still have the vertical lines (just use the aspect button on the remote.) I have not found a fix.

Also I am on my second VGA adapter and different colors keep disappearing or reappearing real strong covering the whole screen.
Any ideas?
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:59 pm

SpaceBooger wrote:When I set my tv to 4:3 I still have the vertical lines (just use the aspect button on the remote.) I have not found a fix.

Also I am on my second VGA adapter and different colors keep disappearing or reappearing real strong covering the whole screen.
Any ideas?
Does the same thing happen in S-Video? I know its a resolution drop, but maybe the HD lower res may clear up the lines.

However I really suspect it is Dot Crawl of your LCD.

Return to Sega