DREAMCAST VGA QUESTIONS! come here for everything VGA w/ DC.

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
abeisgreat
128-bit

Post by abeisgreat »

racketboy wrote:
abeisgreat wrote:
xdanxx wrote:Hi guys I was just wondering if you hook a vga box straght from your dreamcast to your monitor, how do you guys get any sound? Thanks..

The VGA box has a female audio jack and so should your moniter just use a male to male audio cable to get sound

or use PC speakers/headphones

ya that would work to
Beep beep Beep
prophet138
16-bit

Post by prophet138 »

I saw the list that racket has up, which says a few games have to be patched to work, how would i go about doing that?
dougzer0

dreamcast vga adapter not working

Post by dougzer0 »

Hi,

Sorry if this info is in a FAQ somewhere but I hooked up the adapter to 2 different monitors. One monitor says unsupported signal the other says Analog input sleep mode press key or move mouse. I cannot get a picture. Do I have to config the dreamcast first to output a different signal or something before changing to VGA?

Doug
D_H
8-bit

Post by D_H »

I just got my VGA box set up from Racketboy, and have been playing Soul Calibur, must say its much better now :D very impressed by the quality ( I am using a 32" HD LCD TV)

Now my question is, I have a few games that require the Utopia Boot disc to work, however when I use Utopia over VGA it say it is not compatible with the cable plugged into my Dreamcast.

Is there a boot disc that is compatible with VGA.

Or can I load the Utopia disc using the normal output, then switch it over to VGA (Using switch on VGA box) when it has started to boot my game, to run it in VGA mode again. I have not tried this as I am unsure if it will damage either my dreamcast. VGA box or TV.

Any ideas?
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

what games aren't self booting? there's only a handful that aren't or aren't possible to make so. names?
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Most likely, you can find a self-booting copy somewhere.
There are very few games out there that still can't boot... D2 is the only one that comes to mind...

D_H wrote:Or can I load the Utopia disc using the normal output, then switch it over to VGA (Using switch on VGA box) when it has started to boot my game, to run it in VGA mode again. I have not tried this as I am unsure if it will damage either my dreamcast. VGA box or TV.

Any ideas?

Never tried it with a normal VGA cable, but I know in order to swtich between TV mode and VGA mode on the full box, you have to turn the Dreamcast off completely for it to register.
D_H
8-bit

Post by D_H »

Off the top of my head, I cant remember which ones are not self boot, I know I have one or two, when I come across them, ill just search for a self boot version or play in normal display.

Not a real hassle at the end of the day. Thanks for the fast replies though.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

D_H wrote:Off the top of my head, I cant remember which ones are not self boot, I know I have one or two, when I come across them, ill just search for a self boot version or play in normal display.

Not a real hassle at the end of the day. Thanks for the fast replies though.
google:
get blaze boot disk it will do vga
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
D_H
8-bit

Post by D_H »

Blaze boot disk, will look into that.

Been on goole myself and come across a program called bin2boot that is supposedly meant to make not bootable images bootable, may have to play around with that. Anyone played with it
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

D_H wrote:Blaze boot disk, will look into that.

Been on goole myself and come across a program called bin2boot that is supposedly meant to make not bootable images bootable, may have to play around with that. Anyone played with it
i've tried but i don't remember my results. either it worked or i found a self booter. but if you do try it, try the iso in chancast 1st, if it self boots there, IT SHOULD selfboot in a real dc.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list