How is your Dreamcast gaming going on?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: How is your Dreamcast gaming going on?

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I loved the hamburger pad for the xbox becauee I have giant hands. Only concern I have about the upcoming switch.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Post by Thierry Henry »

Didn't realize that The House Of The Dead 2 (PAL) will crash when played on an NTSC console.
At least that's been my experience with it.

It boots up just fine using a DC GameShark and disc. But as soon as you start to play the game, it freezes during the attack of the first couple zombies.
I've tested it on two US DC's. Both freeze at almost the same point.

So I tried it on a friends PAL Dreamcast. No problems. Game plays smoothly as can be.
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

Haven't posted here in ages, but had no one else to share this with!

Took ages, but I finally beat the normal mode high score on my VMU!

samba.jpg
samba.jpg (81.08 KiB) Viewed 1295 times
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

SpoonyBard wrote:Haven't posted here in ages, but had no one else to share this with!

Took ages, but I finally beat the normal mode high score on my VMU!

samba.jpg

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Ate you playing with or without maracas?
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

With maracas. The previous high score on there used a controller.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

SpoonyBard wrote:With maracas. The previous high score on there used a controller.

NICE! I am 100% on all songs on all difficulties with a controller and with maracas I am around 95% on all songs on all difficulties. Maracas are definitely a lot tougher.

SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

I've been lucky enough to never have to play with a controller, so the maracas are really my only experience with the game. At the moment I can perfect just about any song on normal mode, but occasional hiccups with the maracas make a perfect run pretty improbable for me.

I'm around 95% on hard mode, and finally getting to the point on Super Hard where I can actually beat a few songs!

I just found out about random mode last night, so i'm thinking that's what i'm going to get into after work today!
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

SpoonyBard wrote:I've been lucky enough to never have to play with a controller, so the maracas are really my only experience with the game. At the moment I can perfect just about any song on normal mode, but occasional hiccups with the maracas make a perfect run pretty improbable for me.

I'm around 95% on hard mode, and finally getting to the point on Super Hard where I can actually beat a few songs!

I just found out about random mode last night, so i'm thinking that's what i'm going to get into after work today!

Have you played any if samba de amigo 2.0? Such a huge increase in song selection and the weird ass volleyball mode!

mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

It’s been a while since anyone posted but does anyone still play or collect for the Dreamcast anymore or is everyone here like done with their collection or gaming of the Dreamcast?
For me it’s funny right after I sold off my collection in may after I lost my job, my brother in law moved in and handed me a bag. In it was a dreamcast and some burned and actual games. I also had gotten a couple of games from friends here and got some more coming from a guy at work.

I’m about to start playing again. Will I collect like I used to? No way. The games are too expensive and I don’t have spending funds to get a copy of mars matrix for 100.00. Will I play my free games and burned games of what I got? Yes.
I just wished I knew or had the tools to make burned copies. Maybe if I see a lot of cd backups cheap on eBay. Other than that I won’t spend any money, well unless I see at a flea market gunbord 2 for 5.00 lol