How is your Dreamcast gaming going on?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Jmenglan
64-bit

Re: How is your Dreamcast gaming going on?

Post by Jmenglan »

Spent most of last night playing Fire Pro Wrestling D. Game is insane, Stone Cold vs Hogan in an electrified cage covered with C-4...I'll leave you with that image.
“The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination.”
-Voltaire
SteveyMajors
24-bit

Post by SteveyMajors »

I don't own a PS3 or an XBox 360, because fuck that. An HD remake of a game I already own doesn't really interest me.

I play my Dreamcast all the time. Where else can I get my Zombie Revenge fix? And I need my Zombie Revenge fix.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Here are some of the games that you guys mentioned:

1) Las Blade series has many ports, Unless specifically LB2 was the best of the bunch.
2) RE: Veronica -A lot of ports
3) Fire Pro Wrestling: Has a lot of ports/versions pre-dates Dreamcast
4) Quake 3:I am guessing the PC version is better, Dreamcast version is no longer able to play online.
5)DOA : on PS2 , I'll take a wild guess and say its not the best in series
6) Marvel vs Capcom, King of Fighters, Street Fighter, NHL, Tennis all these games has many versions and ports that are either similar or or surpasses the Dreamcast's version unless like Virtua Tennis DC is better than Virtua Tennis 3 or Top Spin on 360 for example.

Out of all the games mentioned the only exclusives worth while were mostly Shmups and Fighting games that I think will soon be ported , here is the list that I found games worthwhile and are exclusive to the Dreamcast:
Gunbird
Last Blade 2
project justice
zero gunner
tech romancer
Blue Stinger

Blue Stinger seems the only game that is not a shmup or a fighting game and still is a worthwhile exclusive for the Dreamcast. I know what next I am playing on that console... finally...

CD AGES wrote:
by now there is about not one single game for the Dreamcast that has not been ported or remade

:!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?:

You knew about this and you didn't tell anyone unitl now!? WHY'D YOU KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!!!!!

Ok maybe I exaggerated , I dont know why I used those exact words but I meant all the games that made you want to go out and buy a Dreamcast , at least back when the Dreamcast was around .

@noiseredux

I clicked the link thanks, I read some of the reviews
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Marvel Vs Capcom not on a cab or Dreamcast is never going to be the best version.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

SamuraiMegas wrote:Marvel Vs Capcom not on a cab or Dreamcast is never going to be the best version.

PSN/XBLA version has online play.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

kingmohd84 wrote:Out of all the games mentioned the only exclusives worth while were mostly Shmups and Fighting games that I think will soon be ported , here is the list that I found games worthwhile and are exclusive to the Dreamcast:
Gunbird
Last Blade 2
project justice
zero gunner
tech romancer
Blue Stinger

If any of the fighters or shmups were going to be ported it probably would've happened by now. Capcom doesn't give a shit about Tech Romancer or Project Justice.

Ok maybe I exaggerated , I dont know why I used those exact words but I meant all the games that made you want to go out and buy a Dreamcast , at least back when the Dreamcast was around.

I actually wanted one for Project Justice. (Even though I don't actually have a copy of it right now... :oops: )
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Here are some of the games that you guys mentioned:

1) Las Blade series has many ports, Unless specifically LB2 was the best of the bunch.
2) RE: Veronica -A lot of ports
4) Quake 3:I am guessing the PC version is better, Dreamcast version is no longer able to play online.
5)DOA : on PS2 , I'll take a wild guess and say its not the best in series
6) Marvel vs Capcom, King of Fighters, Street Fighter,

1) Outside of the NEO Family of hardware, its only available elsewhere on PS2... and its JPN exclusive... AND ITS A SHITTY PORT!
2) Yes, but they are still inferior to the Dreamcast release (I'm talking physical re-releases of course).
4) Says Who???
5) Why'd you come up with that assumption. DOA2 and its innovations to the series have become a staple to the franchise and its sequels. The game was perhaps one of the biggest in the series thanks to its successful arcade release and ports on just about every major home console at the time.
6) Street Fighter 3 New Gen and Street Fighter 3 2nd Impact have remained exclusives to the Dreamcast to this day and trust me when i say they will stay that way for a while longer.

Out of all the games mentioned the only exclusives worth while were mostly Shmups and Fighting games that I think will soon be ported , here is the list that I found games worthwhile and are exclusive to the Dreamcast:
Gunbird
Last Blade 2
project justice
zero gunner
tech romancer
Blue Stinger

I can do you one list better :mrgreen:
-Borderdown (JP)
-Mars Matrix
-Gigawing
-Gigawing 2
-Zero Gunner 2 (JP)
-Rainbow Cotton (JP)
-Metropolis Street Racer
-4 Wheel Thunder
-Super Runabout
-Tokyo Xtreme Racer 1
-Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2
-Fighting Vipers 2
-Project Justice
-Spawn ITDH
-Street Fighter 3 Double Impact
-Plasma Sword
-Virtua Fighter 3TB
-Heavy Metal Geomatrix
-Tech Romancer
-WWF Royal Rumble
-Dynamite Cop
-Zombie Revenge
-Shenmue 1
-Elemental Gimmick Gear
-D2
-Carrier
-Powersmash / Virtua Tennis
-Cosmic Smash
-Sports Jam
-Virtua Striker 2
-Tee Off Golf
-Sonic Shuffle
-Bomberman Online
-Ooga Booga
-Pen Pen Tri Icelon
-Frame Gride
-Alien Front Online
-Red Dog
-Outtrigger
-Cannon Spike
-Toy Commander
-Charge N Blast
-Confidential Mission
-Lost Golem (JP)
-Super Magnetic Neo
-Cool Cool Toon (JP)

Blue Stinger seems the only game that is not a shmup or a fighting game and still is a worthwhile exclusive for the Dreamcast.

and what about Illbleed... Illbleed!!!!

I know what next I am playing on that console...

Now you most certainly do. Hopefully :lol:
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

My Dreamcast isn't hooked up at the moment, due to lack of space, but yeah I still play it a lot. Some games I still play have been ported, but I play them on DC either because they're better or because that's the game I own them on.

Grandia 2 (been ported, DC original is best)
Skies of Arcadia (Can't justify paying the high price for the GC port)
Crazy Taxi (See no reason to rebuy it on another platform)
Crazy Taxi 2 (not been ported, I don't think)
Power Stone 1 and 2 (don't own a PSP/prefer on the big screen)
Gunbird 2
Ikaruga (Don't own Xbox/again can't justify paying the high price for the GC port)
Segagaga
Shenmue 1 and 2
Guilty Gear X
Fire Pro Wrestling D
Marvel vs Capcom 2
D2
Tech Romancer
Project Justice
Alien Front Online
Bangai-O (f*cking incredible game!)
Chu Chu Rocket
Dead or Alive 2 (I also own the PS2 version - The DC version is superior)
Elemental Gimmick Gear
Fur Fighters (PS2 remake is pish)
Jet Set Radio (HD remake is really good though, but is a bit glitchy)
Legacy of Kain (better than the PS1 version)
MaKen X
MDK2
Metropolis Street Racer
Napple Tale
Outrigger
Rez (I know this has been ported though)
Soul Calibur
Sword of the Berserk
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 (best version)
Virtua Tennis 1 and 2 (don't think have been ported)
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
marurun

Post by marurun »

I haven't played my Dreamcast in a while, but I have a new TV (as of early fall) that I made sure has a VGA port, so I really need to get it hooked back up.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
TheSegaSaturnGuy
64-bit

Post by TheSegaSaturnGuy »

Time Stalkers my dear sir. Nuff said. Also, Toy Commander is a pretty fun exclusive.
I am buying all Saturn games, PM me with your offerings and I will let you know if I need the game or not! (Everything must be CIB)

Currently trying to knock off all the sports games, would like to get them <$5 each! Of course if you would like to donate them I will gladly pay the shipping! :)