racketboy
Site Admin

Worst Sega Saturn Games?

Post by racketboy »

Can anybody beat Revolution X?
bawitback
64-bit

Post by bawitback »

Whoa. I can name a few, but what ranks the worst in my book (and many others) has to be Virtual Hydlide. Its almost unbearable to play. With awful graphics running at 10fps, you have to admit some 3D games of the Game Boy Advanced look better than this.

Honerable Mentions:

The Horde - When I first rented this title back then, I was expecting something new in strategy games. Instead the mixture of cinematics, and slow gameplay threw me off.

Blast Chamber - After numous of ad's appearing on my GameFan magazines, one day I found this in the bargin bin. So I picked it up and decided to have some multiplayer (4-Player) action. I was expecting something like Bomberman ala Poy Poy -- It was none of that. SLOW gameplay, just not my style.

Shell Shcok - Bad graphics, and horrible choice of soundtrack.

Never tried Revolution X. But my friend told me his horror stories from it. :shock:
jemsic
24-bit

Post by jemsic »

Well, I can name a whole bunch of games that included 2-players when they shouldn't have. Daytona USA CCE and Sonic R - both those games are almost unplayable in 2-player mode, because the track loads right in front of you and you don't have enough time to react.
CurulleanCat
32-bit

Post by CurulleanCat »

You guys are forgetting Iron Man X/O manowar. that game seriously blows ass.
lunar
24-bit

Post by lunar »

The Crow: City of Angels
Wanderer - Vega
16-bit

Post by Wanderer - Vega »

CurulleanCat wrote:You guys are forgetting Iron Man X/O manowar. that game seriously blows ass.

No way. I love that game.
whupthewickedwurm
24-bit

Post by whupthewickedwurm »

I've been lucky enough to avoid most of the stinkers out there. The game I've liked the least so far has been Robotica... I've heard people say that it's actually not THAT bad... and I guess it isn't but the inconsistent speed/framerate of the game is really annoying. A lot of the game moves at a crawl but when your in a small area or close to a wall then everything moves at lightning speed. When you fire your machine gun at stuff thats far away, it's like shooting a musket but if you shoot it at a wall it suddenly becomes a gatling gun. I haven't played it in a while so my mind might be exaggerating it a bit.

Heh, I might have try Revolution X just to see HOW bad it is! :lol: Acttually I was thinking of buying several new copies of this game(and whatever other games come cheap) so I could use the plactic cases as replacements for other more worthy games.
arion
Next-Gen

yes these games are bad

Post by arion »

BUT the absolute worst game on the saturn and i´d even go further and say its one of the worst games ever made that game ofcourse is VIRTUAL HYDLIDE !!!!!

unfortunetly screenshots cannot convey the utter crappyness of the framerate and just how embarrasing it is to see that fat guy run around in a "FULL 3D" enviroment at 10-15 fps..some lazy programming there. Not to mention the awesome dullness of the battles..and if you get hurt from battles just stand around and for some reason you get healed.

i dare ya to find a worse game :D