Shenmue 3, are we ever going to see it?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Fiercegaming
16-bit

Shenmue 3, are we ever going to see it?

Post by Fiercegaming »

I have been wanting to play Shenmue 3, ever since I finished Shenmue 2 on my Xbox, but it hasn't been released. Although the first game was a lot better I would love to finish the series out..does anyone know if there will ever be a third installment of this series, or did AM2 and sega just give up on that idea?
gradualmeltdown
128-bit

Post by gradualmeltdown »

Yu Suzuki is supposudely currently working on Shenmue Online for Korean and Japanese audiences. The game hasn't been seen or heard of since early 2006 in the form of a trailer. Its been in developement since 2004 and at this point probably will be pointless by the time it releases.

Too bad most of Suzuki-san's projects the last few years have been so average. He had nothing to do with VF5 and it shows, its a nice game but lacks the jump in quality between 3-4. Out Run 2 is a nice arcade racer, but doesn't change the arcade like Virtua Racing or Daytona did. Psy-Phi sucked crap, and isn't even easy to find at Sega arcades in Japan.

I want to see Suzuki produce or direct Virtua Fighter or create a new arcade game. Get him off this asian only MMORPG shit. Sega=Dead to me
I like old games
I like new games
I like games
Fiercegaming
16-bit

Post by Fiercegaming »

I just think they should have finished what they started. Shenmue online has nothing to do with the story from Shenmue 1 and 2, so that isn't the third installment...what a bunch of crap.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

gradualmeltdown wrote:Yu Suzuki is supposudely currently working on Shenmue Online for Korean and Japanese audiences. The game hasn't been seen or heard of since early 2006 in the form of a trailer. Its been in developement since 2004 and at this point probably will be pointless by the time it releases.

We've seen more than that FMV trailer.

http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/shen ... view.shtml
All Hail The New Flesh
64-bit

Post by All Hail The New Flesh »

Just wait
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

gradualmeltdown wrote:Yu Suzuki is supposudely currently working on Shenmue Online for Korean and Japanese audiences. The game hasn't been seen or heard of since early 2006 in the form of a trailer. Its been in developement since 2004 and at this point probably will be pointless by the time it releases.

I want to see Suzuki produce or direct Virtua Fighter or create a new arcade game. Get him off this asian only MMORPG shit. Sega=Dead to me

Agreed!
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming