SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
mas
Next-Gen

Re: The Master Sytem Appreciation Thread

by mas Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:04 pm

Just got r- type in the mail. Wow I can't believe how nice this looks. I am going to love playing this.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:59 pm

I thought the card slot on my Power Base Converter was busted.

Turns out (according to the internet) that the game I was trying to play, F16 Fighting Falcon, simply isn't compatible with the Power Base Converter. Good to know!

Oh, and R-Type on SMS is awesome. Great cover art too.

My local games shop has a decent stash of Master System games that I don't yet own. According to the owner, I'm the only one who buys them. I'm slowly picking through them - grabbing one or two a week. My last pick-ups were Rescue Mission and Alex Kidd: High-Tech World.
Last edited by BoneSnapDeez on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:59 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I thought the card slot on my Power Base Converter was busted.

Turns out (according to the internet) that the game I was trying to play, F16 Fighting Falcon, simply isn't compatible with the Power Base Converter. Good to know!

Oh, and R-Type on SMS is awesome. Great cover art too.

The one game that isn't compatible with the PBC is the one card game you have. :lol:
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:01 pm

That's exactly right - I don't have any other card games. That's what made me think "the whole thing is busted!" as opposed to just "maybe this one game has an issue.........."

I do have an actual SMS though (not just a Power Base Converter) so the game is playable.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:08 am

I'm in the exact same boat as you, Bone.

I only have one Sega Card: F16 Fighting Falcon. So the only card I have is the only card I can't play on a power base converter.

I guess that means I just have to buy a real SMS. My local retro game store has several, but they're all priced at seventy dollars.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:10 am

Is F-16 Fighting Falcon really worth going to all that trouble? :P
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:40 am

Probably not. F16 only appeals to hardcore flightsim enthusiasts. I would probably play F16 once, then put it back in the box on my shelf where it's been living.
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:13 am

How come the Power Base Converter doesn't have the "no game" game?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:57 pm

AppleQueso wrote:Is F-16 Fighting Falcon really worth going to all that trouble? :P

lol no.

What's interesting is that the PAL version is actually a cartridge.
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:12 pm

So i just finished r- type "had to use cheat code. Game is hard as Hell". I was impressed. The game was very good to look at, a little flickering here and there but very good port.
So far i played games that were on both the nes and master system and except for the sound the sms smokes the nes for the most part. Im not knocking the nes at all by any means but imagine if nintendo allowed companies to make games for other system back in the day? Imagine megaman 2 on the sms or contra damn.
Return to Sega