SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Re: The Master Sytem Appreciation Thread

by nightrnr Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:37 am

SNKnicotine wrote:When I bought my SMS, first thing I did was play R-Type. I almost shat myself when I saw, how awesome the game was and how advanced the SMS was for it's time. But then again sega has always been ahead of it's time. :D

Yeah, the SMS is responsible for my love affair with R-Type <3
Still can't beat that game (or even come close), but am considering save-stating on an emulator some time.
...just another lost soul...
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:23 pm

I finally had time to find this thread. I got a really beat up master system 2 and the motherboard is rusted but the thing still works. All the games have no labels but whatever I love this thing.
I'm buying games that i never knew exists on this. I want to buy games complete because i love the cases but until I get a few good games I'll take cart only. It's also cheaper to get cart only. My next pickups will be shinobi and cyber shinobi and castle of illusion.
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:26 pm

I should double check my "Games Beaten" list, but I don't think I've touched a sms pad this year.

My Sega is still hooked up and I have the power converter. Wonder Boy III aside, I should be able to beat quite a few in a few days*. I can definitely 1cc Altered Beast, beat Galaxy Force without continues, and win the world series in Reggie Jackson's Baseball within a few hours.

Looking forward to playing R*Type, Zillion II, and After Burner as well.

*Apologize for not participating in the Summer Challenge. Looks like everyone who isn't playing Bubble Bobble is having a great time with their list. I might go Earl Hickey next year, but no list for me.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Luke wrote: Looks like everyone who isn't playing Bubble Bobble is having a great time with their list.

:lol: I'm still generally enjoying my list
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:51 pm

I know shinobi is a must for the master system, but is there a few titles that I must get first for the master system? Like saying you need to get soul calibur if you are to buy the dreamcast, or super mario world or zelda if your getting a snes.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:35 pm

mas wrote:I know shinobi is a must for the master system, but is there a few titles that I must get first for the master system? Like saying you need to get soul calibur if you are to buy the dreamcast, or super mario world or zelda if your getting a snes.

Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Fantasy Zone, Phantasy Star, Golden Axe Warrior, Sonic the Hedgehog.

Thats my top 5 must have picks for the system.
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:10 pm

alienjesus wrote:
mas wrote:I know shinobi is a must for the master system, but is there a few titles that I must get first for the master system? Like saying you need to get soul calibur if you are to buy the dreamcast, or super mario world or zelda if your getting a snes.

Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Fantasy Zone, Phantasy Star, Golden Axe Warrior, Sonic the Hedgehog.

Alex kid is in the system already. I got a master system 2.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:13 pm

mas wrote:
alienjesus wrote:

Alex kid is in the system already. I got a master system 2.

Well thats good because I forgot the best game for the system in my initial list of 5, and also my favourite for the console: Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap
G-Darius
32-bit

by G-Darius Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:06 pm

nightrnr wrote:Yeah, the SMS is responsible for my love affair with R-Type <3
Still can't beat that game (or even come close), but am considering save-stating on an emulator some time.

Same with me,i like R-type on any system but i always have trouble with level 4.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

by lisalover1 Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:27 pm

I simply love my Master System, but I have all but exhausted the worthwhile selection of games available in America, and shipping costs have proven to be a formidable barrier to accessing the far superior PAL library of SMS games. :(
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
Return to Sega