Re: The Master System Appreciation Thread

by hashiriya1 Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:08 am

mas wrote:I feel the master system is much harder than the arcade or tg16 port

The TG16 port is a joke. :oops:
heelsinc
32-bit

by heelsinc Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:37 am

What's everyones thoughts on Line of Fire. I just finished it up and thought it was great had a lot of fun playing it. One complaint though is that it's pretty easy to just avoid the enemies and not have to fight them at all.
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:29 pm

So I got the master system back and I played time soldiers today. There are enemies everywhere. Good port of the arcade. They got the theme right and the graphics are pretty good for the master system.
Finally got to play my hero. Man am I glad I only paid 6.00 for this. Again the enemys won't stop coming after you. It's worse than Kung fu. Hate the one hit kills also. Can't even past the first stage.
IrishNinja
64-bit

by IrishNinja Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:34 am

mas wrote:So I got the master system back and I played time soldiers today. There are enemies everywhere. Good port of the arcade. They got the theme right and the graphics are pretty good for the master system.
Finally got to play my hero. Man am I glad I only paid 6.00 for this. Again the enemys won't stop coming after you. It's worse than Kung fu. Hate the one hit kills also. Can't even past the first stage.

yeah, finally got to play Time Soldiers on my master everdrive and that game is indeed cool, i need to spend more time with it but it seemed more fun than say Rambo first blood part 2.

and damn, one hit death? that's crazy hard for a beat-em-up, no wonder i don't hear much about that one.
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:00 pm

Playing golden axe warrior today. Have no freaking clue to what I'm doing or going. Got the blue axe but that's it and a extra heart. Need to go online for a map or guide. Awesome game though. Worth the ten dollars I paid for
IrishNinja
64-bit

by IrishNinja Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:09 am

mas wrote:Playing golden axe warrior today. Have no freaking clue to what I'm doing or going. Got the blue axe but that's it and a extra heart. Need to go online for a map or guide. Awesome game though. Worth the ten dollars I paid for

awesome deal for an awesome game - did you play the original legend of zelda? its obviously a lot like that, but yeah, gamefaqs has a world map with item/dungeon locations that will make it a lot more interesting!
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:53 am

IrishNinja wrote:
mas wrote:Playing golden axe warrior today. Have no freaking clue to what I'm doing or going. Got the blue axe but that's it and a extra heart. Need to go online for a map or guide. Awesome game though. Worth the ten dollars I paid for

awesome deal for an awesome game - did you play the original legend of zelda? its obviously a lot like that, but yeah, gamefaqs has a world map with item/dungeon locations that will make it a lot more interesting!

Funny love Zelda 8 bit and 16 bit but hate traditional rpgs.
I'm going to play a little more today when I get home from work
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:07 am

Finally got golden axe warrior and had the battery replaced. It's heavier with the new battery but it does save and now I can finally play this game. The music on it isn't as memorable as Zelda but it's got a great beat to it.
Got the next two days off and just playing sega all day.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:11 am

mas wrote:Finally got golden axe warrior and had the battery replaced. It's heavier with the new battery but it does save and now I can finally play this game. The music on it isn't as memorable as Zelda but it's got a great beat to it.
Got the next two days off and just playing sega all day.

Nice. I personally ended up liking Golden Axe Warrior more than the original Zelda, despite how blasphemous it might be to say that.
IrishNinja
64-bit

by IrishNinja Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:32 pm

alienjesus wrote:Nice. I personally ended up liking Golden Axe Warrior more than the original Zelda, despite how blasphemous it might be to say that.

for years, yeah - but in recent times ive heard it more & more, prolly around the time i started hearing more people saying OG zelda aged poorly (which i very much disagree with personally).

Warrior just takes the formula & does more with it, the overworld's huge & has so much variety as you go..and the dungeons & bosses are great. its kinda like how i feel about Master of Darkness...yeah, we all know what it's blatantly ripping, but if you're gonna do that & do something interesting with it, i'm not gonna mind.
Return to Sega