SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
hashiriya1
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 11:59 am
Location: San Francisco Bay

Re: The Master System Appreciation Thread

by hashiriya1 Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:48 am

Was playing Double Target for a while tonight. Holy crap this game is hard. I don't know how I beat it when I was a kid. Trying to play through the levels without the jetback. I'll try again tomorrow!
mas
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 pm
Location: ma

Re: The Master System Appreciation Thread

by mas Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:54 am

So Irish ninja has got my system and we switched boards so he can have his childhood system back. The thing is my system shell was broke when I got it and he was telling me how bad it's coming back. I'm cool with it because if I can make someone else happy due to me helping them that's all that matters. I can't wait to get the system back to play some games.
Just curious if anyone has a broken master system to sell to me cheap so I can get a new shell.
User avatar
stickem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:57 pm
Location: nashville,tn.

Re: The Master System Appreciation Thread

by stickem Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:34 pm

If you pm me your address I'll ship you mine and it works. I bought it with the intentions on collecting for it and never did and don't ever see doing it lol.
User avatar
IrishNinja
64-bit
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Vice City

Re: The Master System Appreciation Thread

by IrishNinja Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:44 pm

mas wrote:So Irish ninja has got my system and we switched boards so he can have his childhood system back. The thing is my system shell was broke when I got it and he was telling me how bad it's coming back. I'm cool with it because if I can make someone else happy due to me helping them that's all that matters. I can't wait to get the system back to play some games.
Just curious if anyone has a broken master system to sell to me cheap so I can get a new shell.


you really are a champ, mas - and i'm sorry it took me a bit getting it back out, again i just wanted to clean things up & try to get the system going better, but the bits that were loose/cracking had me worried. i'm really glad you' got a guy sending you another system, again the board itself is in fantastic shape so i'd say just swap it again, as the RF shielding on yours is really rusted as well.

it's not hard to do, i used a YT video and it's like 5 or so screws on the shell, a small handful for the board & shielding and you're good. can't thank you enough for helping me out here, i know it's silly but it's so great seeing the dumb snail game i played as kid again, haha.

i'm looking to FM mod it later this year but keeping an eye out for more sports games/SMS loosies for you in the meantime as well man!
Image
Image
mas
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 pm
Location: ma

Re: The Master System Appreciation Thread

by mas Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:06 pm

No I don't have anyone selling or sending me another shell. But as long as your happy that's all that matters. I can't wait to get it back to play outrun or space harrier. Want to go thru vigilante. I feel the master system is much harder than the arcade or tg16 port
User avatar
stickem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:57 pm
Location: nashville,tn.

Re: The Master System Appreciation Thread

by stickem Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:11 pm

mas wrote:No I don't have anyone selling or sending me another shell. But as long as your happy that's all that matters. I can't wait to get it back to play outrun or space harrier. Want to go thru vigilante. I feel the master system is much harder than the arcade or tg16 port


Dude did you see 2 posts up or am I on your ignore list lol
mas
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 pm
Location: ma

Re: The Master System Appreciation Thread

by mas Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:13 pm

stickem wrote:
mas wrote:No I don't have anyone selling or sending me another shell. But as long as your happy that's all that matters. I can't wait to get it back to play outrun or space harrier. Want to go thru vigilante. I feel the master system is much harder than the arcade or tg16 port


Dude did you see 2 posts up or am I on your ignore list lol

LMFAO I'm so sorry stickem. I didn't see it all. Thank you so much I'll pm you now
User avatar
IrishNinja
64-bit
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Vice City

Re: The Master System Appreciation Thread

by IrishNinja Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:21 pm

yeah i love Vigilante on SMS, Rastan too! i feel like Vigilante's one of those ones i used the rapid fire adapter a bit for, do you have one of those mas? super useful for stuff like Fantasy Zone.
Image
Image
Tanooki
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Re: The Master System Appreciation Thread

by Tanooki Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:37 pm

I may not have it anymore but to the post just above, totally agree on all points. VIgilante needs that it's a total love hate game there, yet Rastan is just fantastic.

I must have self control. I like SMS, but I also realize it's now expensive enough where I can't justify the cost vs using the thing enough hours to pay for it. I can hope one day someone makes another SMS handheld like the one I have but has a SMS slot on it.

I know I could get a retropie but I'm kind of scared off it to be honest which is awful as I'm normally all about emulators, learning computer setup and the rest. Truth be told I had 2 really bad aggravating experiences with libretro which supposedly runs just about anything yet I couldn't get it to run shit, not once following its instructions. I just think being the similar code base setting a pi box up would probably piss me off into a rage after sinking good cash into it. :)
mas
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 pm
Location: ma

Re: The Master System Appreciation Thread

by mas Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:11 pm

Tanooki
I think I can help you out also. I'm getting ready for bed but I'll text you tomorrow.
Return to Sega

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mad_Hatter and 4 guests