The Master System Appreciation Thread

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
mas
Next-Gen

Re: The Master System Appreciation Thread

Post by mas »

stickem wrote:
mas wrote:No I don't have anyone selling or sending me another shell. But as long as your happy that's all that matters. I can't wait to get it back to play outrun or space harrier. Want to go thru vigilante. I feel the master system is much harder than the arcade or tg16 port

Dude did you see 2 posts up or am I on your ignore list lol

LMFAO I'm so sorry stickem. I didn't see it all. Thank you so much I'll pm you now
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

yeah i love Vigilante on SMS, Rastan too! i feel like Vigilante's one of those ones i used the rapid fire adapter a bit for, do you have one of those mas? super useful for stuff like Fantasy Zone.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I may not have it anymore but to the post just above, totally agree on all points. VIgilante needs that it's a total love hate game there, yet Rastan is just fantastic.

I must have self control. I like SMS, but I also realize it's now expensive enough where I can't justify the cost vs using the thing enough hours to pay for it. I can hope one day someone makes another SMS handheld like the one I have but has a SMS slot on it.

I know I could get a retropie but I'm kind of scared off it to be honest which is awful as I'm normally all about emulators, learning computer setup and the rest. Truth be told I had 2 really bad aggravating experiences with libretro which supposedly runs just about anything yet I couldn't get it to run shit, not once following its instructions. I just think being the similar code base setting a pi box up would probably piss me off into a rage after sinking good cash into it. :)
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Tanooki
I think I can help you out also. I'm getting ready for bed but I'll text you tomorrow.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

mas wrote:I feel the master system is much harder than the arcade or tg16 port

The TG16 port is a joke. :oops:
heelsinc
32-bit

Post by heelsinc »

What's everyones thoughts on Line of Fire. I just finished it up and thought it was great had a lot of fun playing it. One complaint though is that it's pretty easy to just avoid the enemies and not have to fight them at all.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

So I got the master system back and I played time soldiers today. There are enemies everywhere. Good port of the arcade. They got the theme right and the graphics are pretty good for the master system.
Finally got to play my hero. Man am I glad I only paid 6.00 for this. Again the enemys won't stop coming after you. It's worse than Kung fu. Hate the one hit kills also. Can't even past the first stage.
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

mas wrote:So I got the master system back and I played time soldiers today. There are enemies everywhere. Good port of the arcade. They got the theme right and the graphics are pretty good for the master system.
Finally got to play my hero. Man am I glad I only paid 6.00 for this. Again the enemys won't stop coming after you. It's worse than Kung fu. Hate the one hit kills also. Can't even past the first stage.

yeah, finally got to play Time Soldiers on my master everdrive and that game is indeed cool, i need to spend more time with it but it seemed more fun than say Rambo first blood part 2.

and damn, one hit death? that's crazy hard for a beat-em-up, no wonder i don't hear much about that one.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Playing golden axe warrior today. Have no freaking clue to what I'm doing or going. Got the blue axe but that's it and a extra heart. Need to go online for a map or guide. Awesome game though. Worth the ten dollars I paid for
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

mas wrote:Playing golden axe warrior today. Have no freaking clue to what I'm doing or going. Got the blue axe but that's it and a extra heart. Need to go online for a map or guide. Awesome game though. Worth the ten dollars I paid for

awesome deal for an awesome game - did you play the original legend of zelda? its obviously a lot like that, but yeah, gamefaqs has a world map with item/dungeon locations that will make it a lot more interesting!