The Master System Appreciation Thread

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: The Master System Appreciation Thread

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I've been getting the urge to play some Master System again lately. I'm thinking Alex Kid or a replay of Phantasy Star, maybe.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

I never did beat the 1st Phantasy Star.
Might have to resume my play on the GBA collection sometime (have no idea where I left off, but have a walkthrough (official mail in print out I think) for such an occasion, as I doubt I'll have patience for it otherwise.

Alex Kidd pisses me off due to janken. Great way to ruin an otherwise competent platformer. Also, exciting boss battles are usually a highlight of the genre for me.
...just another lost soul...
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

nightrnr wrote:I never did beat the 1st Phantasy Star.
Might have to resume my play on the GBA collection sometime (have no idea where I left off, but have a walkthrough (official mail in print out I think) for such an occasion, as I doubt I'll have patience for it otherwise.

Alex Kidd pisses me off due to janken. Great way to ruin an otherwise competent platformer. Also, exciting boss battles are usually a highlight of the genre for me.

Here's a tip for Alex Kidd:

If you go rock, then scissors on the first boss, you're guaranteed to win as long as you haven't fought him before.

In the level where you fight the second janken boss, you can find an item that lets you read their throughts and changes it into a game of reacting to their changes instead of pure guesswork. It looks like a blue orb with a red star on it. The first boss is the ONLY time you need to play janken legitimately, and as mentioned above, the way it's coded means there's always a correct answer to his opening moves.

Alex Kidd also has about 8 boss fights where you have to fight the enemy legitimately, not just at Janken. They aren't especially great, but it's not ALL rock paper scissors.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I need to beat Kenseiden one of these days.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I want a SEGA Master System Mini. No point to me having one but I just want one.
Dreamcast Gamer
8-bit

Post by Dreamcast Gamer »

Anybody played one of the Fantasy Zone games lately? I just finished Fantasy Zone: The Maze and I really enjoyed it.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I beat Fantasy Zone 2 earlier in the years, but I've never played The Maze. You're the first person I've heard of with such a positive opinion of it actually. Tell me about it, my interest is piqued!
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Tomorrow I'm playing some master system games. Still collecting for it. Anyone has some spare lose carts for me ? Lol
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Yesterday, I witnessed BoneSnapDeez purchase a CIB copy of Pro Wrestling for the Master System.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

:lol:

It's...... okay.