The Master System Appreciation Thread

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
mas
Next-Gen

Re: The Master System Appreciation Thread

Post by mas »

I am so close to completing the master system library for us. I played some ghouls n ghost the other day and I like the fact that you can choose weapons in the shop.
Even though the library is just cart only for me that's good enough. It's crazy how expensive games that are complete are and it drops so much for cart only especially if it's being shipped from Europe or Brazil.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

First system I owned was a NES. First system I played is Atari 2600. I did not own a SMS til much later. Yet oddly enough SMS gives me more nostalgia than either of those. It's easily my favorite 8 bit system. I like the visuals more. Every indie game trying to look 8 bit goes for a NES look and sound. I wish some would emulate SMS look and sound.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I don't like the SMS sound chip. I'll take the NES any day there. However, the uber-bright visuals of the SMS can certainly be appealing.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Sarge wrote:I don't like the SMS sound chip. I'll take the NES any day there. However, the uber-bright visuals of the SMS can certainly be appealing.

You break my heart...
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

If you guys go on eBay and put as title lot of 17 games and under the sold listings 17 games went for 1009.00 all because buster Douglas boxing is in there.
And I thought prices were going to go down in price
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

I didn't want to but damn it just showed up on eBay and I'll be dames mad if I didn't do it. Got ninja gaiden complete
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Picked up master of darkness and ninja gaiden. Only ninja gaiden was complete but I've been wanting these for a year
Dreamcast Gamer
8-bit

Post by Dreamcast Gamer »

I just finished Streets Of Rage on SMS. It actually holds up quite well!
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Dreamcast Gamer wrote:I just finished Streets Of Rage on SMS. It actually holds up quite well!

I would love to pick that up.
Gotta wait though
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Been a while since I've done anything with my master system. Had to sell off a couple great games for money for the house while I look for a job. I wanted to sell off my collection but no one was buying on ebay so with the help from a few friends from here actually they suggested that I don't do anything but keep it and box it till my life is back on track.

So I'm going to still collect for the us library but it wont be this year I get the set maybe 2018. As far as the games I've sold ill get them back, and in the meantime ill get my room organized again and place the master system up and I'm good to go.