The Master System Appreciation Thread

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Re: The Master Sytem Appreciation Thread

Post by flojocabron »

i like mine too! I have 2 master systems! they have built in games, one with the maze game and the other with Hang-on.

I hope you guys knew about that....

I've been kicking my butt for a while now but, some years ago, I passed up a copy of Ghouls and Ghosts for the SMS and I heard its better than the nes version!

I hope to one day find it soon!

If you cant afford a SMS or want a cool add-on to your genesis then get this here.....
Attachments
10986-780px-Genesis_power_base_large.png
10986-780px-Genesis_power_base_large.png (78.12 KiB) Viewed 1740 times
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Czernobog
Next-Gen

Post by Czernobog »

flojocabron wrote:i like mine too! I have 2 master systems! they have built in games, one with the maze game and the other with Hang-on.

I've been kicking my butt for a while now but, some years ago, I passed up a copy of Ghouls and Ghosts for the SMS and I heard its better than the nes version!

If you cant afford a SMS or want a cool add-on to your genesis then get this here.....

I have the maze game on mine, and as fun as it is, I was never able to get through the third maze within the time limit. :oops: MY sister has the Power Base Converter and uses it to play Fantasy Zone all the time. Just have to keep in mind it only properly fits the model one genesis though.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

Czernobog wrote:
flojocabron wrote:i like mine too! I have 2 master systems! they have built in games, one with the maze game and the other with Hang-on.

I have the maze game on mine, and as fun as it is, I was never able to get through the third maze within the time limit. :oops: MY sister has the Power Base Converter and uses it to play Fantasy Zone all the time. Just have to keep in mind it only properly fits the model one genesis though.

the power base works on the CDX!

I have one and I tried it one day just for shits and giggles and it worked good with it. Although I dont think it matters much since not many people own CDX's
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Czernobog
Next-Gen

Post by Czernobog »

flojocabron wrote:

the power base works on the CDX!

I have one and I tried it one day just for shits and giggles and it worked good with it. Although I dont think it matters much since not many people own CDX's

I never knew it worked on the CDX. Just another reason for me to want that thing. I've been having trouble justifying the high cost when I already have a way to play all the games, but if I ever got lucky and found one for cheap I would get it in an instant. I really dig the look of the CDX, plus my general love for Sega makes it just so appealing.
Betamax001
Next-Gen

Post by Betamax001 »

I almost had a Master System, but the person I bought it from never shipped it out and I never got it. Funnily enough right after I bought it I picked up a cheap lot of 2 controllers and some games on eBay and never got those either. I guess I just am not meant to have a Master System I guess haha.
NES, SNES, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GCN, Wii, PS3, 360, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSP 3000, and 3DS XL

PSN ID: SaturnXMKII
Steam ID: betamax001
RBT
24-bit

Post by RBT »

The SMS was my first console, its a fun little system with lots of great titles. They sold well here in England so there's plenty in the wild. They are also cheap to collect for.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

BTW guys, there's a 3 and a half hour podcast devoted entirely to the history of the SMS on hardcoregaming101.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

alexis524 wrote: I remember drooling over copies upon copies of Aztec Adventure and Kenseiden in Service Merchandise. Soon, my mom bought me aztec adventure, and remember not knowing how to progress in the first level. For anyone who remembers this game, the part where you use your first fireball to burn down the bushes to progress. I used to get hooked on the music to the marsh level.

I love this game, although it seems to get a lot of bad or average reviews. Whilst it's not the greatest 8 bit game ever made, I find it enjoyable and unique, despite its kinda slow pace.

AppleQueso wrote:Anybody ever play Penguin Land? It was always a stand out game to me. It's a puzzle/platformer where you carefully guide an egg down some giant column thing. Has a level editor too.

I own this, but I just haven't gotten into it at all. Maybe it's just because I suck.

Anyone looking for great platformers on the master system not called alex kidd in miracle world or sonic the hedgehog should check out the disney and asterix games by sega, they're pretty fun. I own Mickey Mouse in Castle of Illusion (which is different, and possibly better, than the mega drive/genesis version), Donald Duck in the Lucky Dime Kingdom, and Asterix and the Secret Mission, and they were all really fun.

My favourite games for the system though, are definetely the wonder boy games, alex kidd in miracle world and fantasy zone.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

I would love to get a power base converter, since it'd clear up some precious shelf space, but I can't seem to find one for less than $35.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Post by Thierry Henry »

Speaking of power base converters and such,

here's a bunch of Master System Converters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBFKVUkf4YY
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"