Yay! Just bought me my first Sega Saturn

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Yackom
32-bit

Yay! Just bought me my first Sega Saturn

Post by Yackom »

I ordered a Sega Saturn off of Ebay a few hours ago, making it the first Sega Saturn I've ever owned. With it I ordered a mint copy of Powerslave - a game I've always wanted to play.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Congrats, both are great choices. I havent had a chance to finish Powerslave, but the parts Ive played were simply great.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Powerslave is the most technically impressive FPS on the system. Screw duke nukem and quake. This game looks just as good, and runs twice as smooth.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

You won't regret it! :)
gradualmeltdown
128-bit

Post by gradualmeltdown »

Tip :

Most Sega Saturn games are cheaper if you buy the japanese version. If a game doesn't required reading text just get it for less. Converters are only about $30 and work as code machines as well.
I like old games
I like new games
I like games
Yackom
32-bit

Post by Yackom »

Thanks for the tip and I also ordered a "saturnpart" (modchip) from you guessed it racketboy.com

but I plan to order games as I like them. There is a store http://www.estarland.com/ which has a physical address not to far from where I live and they still sell saturn (and older system) games there.
Yackom
32-bit

Post by Yackom »

My modchip arrived today! Thanks Racketboy.

Now I just need that other part.. The Saturn.
Yackom
32-bit

Post by Yackom »

For an update, I received the machine yesterday. Played some power slave, and VF2.

I took the machine apart and I installed the modchip, real easy the whole thing only took 10 mins and worked the first time. It turned out to be a 64 pin model 2.

Damn I'm happy
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Yackom wrote:For an update, I received the machine yesterday. Played some power slave, and VF2.

I took the machine apart and I installed the modchip, real easy the whole thing only took 10 mins and worked the first time. It turned out to be a 64 pin model 2.

Damn I'm happy

That's cool that you got a 64-pinner done so easily :)
Yackom
32-bit

Post by Yackom »

Yeah I used the A+B method. after that all you have to do is solder the power cable and plug it in.