New Chinese Sandisk adapter for Sega Dreamcast! Updated!!!

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Nullface
24-bit

Re: New Chinese Sandisk adapter for Sega Dreamcast!

Post by Nullface »

BigTinz wrote:Hmmm. Strange, it says the cost is $10...then mentions a FINAL cost including international shipping...which is $30.
:x

Yeah you have to pay the drop shipper/importer to send it to you. :(
flamepanther
Next-Gen

Post by flamepanther »

This adapter was discussed here previously:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19103

There seem to be problems with games that stream a lot of audio or video.
Anthony817
128-bit

Post by Anthony817 »

I know many folks that have bought this from the site and went through a site that uses paypal to make things easier.

http://buyfromtaobao.com/

Aparently the guy that makes these has materials to produce a bunch more, and he actualy mods systems with a front loading SD card slot and built in VGA too. It is the ultimate Dreamcast if you ask me.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7655637293

They also have a bios mod in them that uses the devkit bios.

I reckon they go for rund $55 USD when you convert 350 Yuan into dollars. Shipping is what will hurt.

flamepanther wrote:There seem to be problems with games that stream a lot of audio or video.

Yes that is true, but you cant blame it on the SD adapters, the Serial port on the Dreamcast only has a transfer rate of 5mb I believe.

While some retail games WILL work with this, thats not what it is really for. Think of it like what the 360 has with its dashboard, a place for watching movies and playing live arcade games. You could put Xvid movies on these and watch many shows on it for fun.

Oh, and sorry for making a new thread about this, I seen another thread about SD cards but thought it was about the ones you make yourself or the ones the Spaniards were making.
Last edited by Anthony817 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nullface
24-bit

Post by Nullface »

Is there any savings on buying like 20-30 of them shipping wise? Maybe we can do a group deal or something like the NeoMyth flash carts. I'd buy a couple.
Anthony817
128-bit

Post by Anthony817 »

Well, thats what we were trying to do over at Dreamcast-Talk forums, but many folks have already started buying them from that buytaobao site, as they use paypal and only charge a little.

It would be great if somebody could buy them en masse and resale them on ebay. Shipping should be cheaper in bulk anyway. I am sure they could still make a profit and sell them reasonably cheap at the same time.
ujnhunter
64-bit

Post by ujnhunter »

Interesting...
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

I want one for $20 no other extra cost shipping.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
retro69

Post by retro69 »

Is it possible to Boot from SD card? Because I have some Dreamcast with bad GDROM lens...without GDROM, this does not work :( any solution for GDROM replacement?
SGGG2
24-bit

Post by SGGG2 »

This is nice, but I wish someone would figure out how to load games through the broadband port :)
Anthony817
128-bit

Post by Anthony817 »

retro69 wrote:Is it possible to Boot from SD card? Because I have some Dreamcast with bad GDROM lens...without GDROM, this does not work :( any solution for GDROM replacement?

You can install Dreamshell into a bios mod that allows you to boot Dreamshell instead of the regular Dreamcast "Dashboard" or bios.

You still need a working GDRom drive to install the OS into the bios though.