SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
User avatar
racketboy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9460
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:28 pm
Location: Michigan

Sonic Rush Adventure: What Do You Think?

by racketboy Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:53 pm

Press Release and Screens:
http://www.theghz.com/news/index.php?article=2058

Not thinking I will go for it...
User avatar
Richard
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:09 am
Location: Santiago, Chile

by Richard Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:34 am

I only hope that the game shows who Sonic really is.
Sonic Rush, was the last real great Sonic, with the music of Hideki Naganuma, it was perfect.
I liked "Sonic and the Secret Rings", but it had a bit of problems, but i think Sega can fix them.

I salute you RacketBoy, i really like your blog

Richard
The game_man
Perseid
32-bit
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:50 am

by Perseid Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:52 am

Looks OK to me. Looks like Sonic Rush to me. The last two shots are kinda scary but they could conceivably be a boss fight.
User avatar
racketboy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9460
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:28 pm
Location: Michigan

by racketboy Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:48 am

Perseid wrote:Looks OK to me. Looks like Sonic Rush to me. The last two shots are kinda scary but they could conceivably be a boss fight.


I think they are more of the "Adventure" thing than a boss fight.
Maybe I'm wrong.
Ivo
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 3627
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Sonic Rush Adventure: What Do You Think?

by Ivo Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:02 am

racketboy wrote:Press Release and Screens:
http://www.theghz.com/news/index.php?article=2058

Not thinking I will go for it...


I haven't tried Sonic Rush myself, but Sonic Advance 1 was good and I really like Sonic Advance 2 - looking forward to playing Sonic Advance 3. I think the 2D gameplay is quite good, I'm suprised you wouldn't go for it.

Ivo.
vbt
16-bit
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:49 pm

by vbt Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:52 pm

The style and gfx look under Knuckles Chaotix 32X.
User avatar
racketboy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9460
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:28 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Sonic Rush Adventure: What Do You Think?

by racketboy Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:16 pm

Ivo wrote:
racketboy wrote:Press Release and Screens:
http://www.theghz.com/news/index.php?article=2058

Not thinking I will go for it...


I haven't tried Sonic Rush myself, but Sonic Advance 1 was good and I really like Sonic Advance 2 - looking forward to playing Sonic Advance 3. I think the 2D gameplay is quite good, I'm suprised you wouldn't go for it.

Ivo.


Well, I'll obviously wait for the reviews, but I'd only get it if there wasn't a bunch of 3D missions breaking up the 2D action.
That's why I never went very far with Sonic Adventure.
User avatar
marurun
Moderator
 
Posts: 10000
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 8:51 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

by marurun Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:33 pm

You know, all things considered, Sonic Adventure really was a pretty good game, especially for the time. Now, that particular formula has gotten worse instead of better, but I don't think Sonic totally fails in 3D. It just has to be done carefully.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
User avatar
racketboy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9460
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:28 pm
Location: Michigan

by racketboy Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:02 pm

marurun wrote:You know, all things considered, Sonic Adventure really was a pretty good game, especially for the time. Now, that particular formula has gotten worse instead of better, but I don't think Sonic totally fails in 3D. It just has to be done carefully.


Exactly. I enjoyed all of the Sonic-only levels. (Still not as much as 2D ones, but still fun)
It's the other character levels and the exploration in SA1 that turned me off.
Return to Sega

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests