SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
racketboy
Site Admin

NiGHTS To Make Use of Wii's Forecast Channel

by racketboy Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:56 am

New Information about NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams

* Three sets of Persona masks give the player new shape-shifting abilities and more ways to explore the world.

• Dragon mask: Transforms NiGHTS into a huge dragon and makes him resistant to wind effects.
• Dolphin mask: NiGHTS can change into a dolphin and explore under water.
• Rocket mask: NiGHTS takes the shape of a rocket and travels at supersonic speeds.

* There are seven fantastical dream worlds to explore and the unique environments of Nightopia introduce an extraordinary, magical world unlike any other.

* Wii connect 24: Exchange items with friends via the network and change the scenery according to real-world seasons using the Forecast Channel.

I'm not sure if I would want the game to completely reflect the weather, if that's what they are going for.
Think how depressing the game would be in Seattle...
NiGHTS is supposed to be bright and vivid -- why would I want it to be tainted by the crappy weather here.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

by lordofduct Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:29 pm

Personally I take "real-world seasons" to reflect merely the season, i.e. like the Xmas Nights when played on Christmas day.

Also if it does reflect real-world weather, don't have the Wii hooked up to the network. I rarely have my Wii connected to the Wireless network in my house.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
SegaK2
8-bit

by SegaK2 Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:09 pm

Some Wii NiGHTS Screen Shots were released - viewable here:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158956

(not related to weather tie-in but still cool to see)
Return to Sega