Vanquish

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Re: Vanquish

Post by Bradtemple87 »

Pulsar_t wrote:It doesn't have MP at all.

That's a bummer, but I still want to pick it up at some point.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
FAHQALL
24-bit

Post by FAHQALL »

This game looks interesting, but it strikes me as a game that's going to wind up on the $20 rack at Walmart fairly soon. I can wait until it gets there (or until I find it in a pawn shop) if it's as short as people say it is.
HiddenCharacter

Post by HiddenCharacter »

This game is awesome, it might not have the same traits, but this has got to be the TPS equivalent to a Bullet Hell shooter. I can't wait to see further refinement.
Hi :]
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I'm thinking about trying this soon. The very fact that it goes against shooter norms make me want to play it, as I rather hate conventional shooters.

This strikes me as something more arcade like, which is always a plus in my book for any game in any genre. I miss the arcade games of old.

I heard the PS3 version is good. Can I go with that one?
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

It is very arcade like an an absolute blast. I don't care for shooters whatsoever but this game hooked me for a good week or two. It kind of feels like a shooter mixed with Devil May Cry if that makes sense, as in there are large scale boss battles with health bars and the gameplay/combat is very fast.

Although it's true it's a pretty short game, if anything that kind of ends up working as a positive for me. Makes it feel even more like an arcade game. I wound up playing it on a harder mode that I unlocked pretty much immediately after beating the game because I knew it wouldn't really take me long and the game has zero padding, pretty much non-stop action.

Another thing people often harped on was the fact that the dialogue and story is very goofy. I found it to be pretty humorous myself though, seemed like it was intentional. I can't see how anyone wouldn't think it's intentional after seeing the hilarious ending scene.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Holy necrobump, Batman!

Rumour:

Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I...might have to rebuy that...just for Vanquish... :P
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Looks crazy fake or crazy bad for some box cover art, though it is just re-releases. It was kind of feeling like Sega was pushing for a PC initiative this year, so I'm not sure I'm sold on that... but more exposure for Bayonetta and Vanquish is always a good thing if that's true.

Both are on Steam now, you knew that right Elk? I'll probably buy them again to enjoy that 1080p/60FPS with them.

I wonder if Platinum can somehow buy all the rights to Bayonetta 2 eventually or something, to get it released elsewhere. At the very least Nintendo should put it on the Switch.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I imagine the box art is just placeholder that was mocked up by the retailer. Not saying it's real mind, it could well be fake.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Xeogred wrote:I wonder if Platinum can somehow buy all the rights to Bayonetta 2 eventually or something, to get it released elsewhere. At the very least Nintendo should put it on the Switch.

I think it's fairly doubtful such a relatively small studio could ever wrest something away from a behemoth like Nintendo. Look on the bright side though: Maybe we'll get a Bayonetta 1 and 2 port on Switch soon! :D
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me