Vanquish

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Vanquish

Post by Pulsar_t »

Gameplay Trailer
Demo to be released on 2010-09-02

PlatinumGames looks set to produce one more hit for Sega that goes by the name of Vanquish. From the videos it seems the story is cookie-cutter b-movie stuff but the TPS mechanics seem like a lot of fun.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Vanquish

Post by Gamerforlife »

Really seems like new territory for this development team. Hope it's good. I'm not big on shooters, but I'm generally more keen on the Sci Fi ones, so this might be worth my time
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

I'm really looking forward to this game!! Platinum Games has made some incredible games like Bayonetta and MadWorld. I will be picking this up on launch. 8)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
Flak Beard
Next-Gen

Post by Flak Beard »

Been following this game for a while now. It looks incredibly fun and possibly a breath of fresh air as far as FPS games go with super fast speed and action moves mixed in. I hope to get it on release or soon after (money being the only factor).

I have a feeling it'll get overlooked by the masses though, especially considering the hype Halo Reach and CoD: Black Ops have. I've tried showing Vanquish to a few friends who seem interested, until they found out it had no multiplayer. It's a shame people think that way because this could end up being a very polished single player experience.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

It's actually a TPS, which might increase its chances because the FPS crowd are a hopeless case.
weasels
Next-Gen

Post by weasels »

i was excited when i first saw it too. and lets not forget that most of the core group at Platinum Games was once part of clover studios.
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

If only Sega had a couple more decent dev studios like PG and CA, they'd be on par with the likes of Capcom quality-wise. They do seem to be on the right track, and I wouldn't berate them too much for movie tie-ins. As a publisher it's all about making money after all.
nickfil
Next-Gen

Post by nickfil »

the demo came out today. Really fucking fun. Makes gears of war look like a slow slow game.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

If someone told you that screenshot was from Mass Effect, would anybody argue?
nickfil
Next-Gen

Post by nickfil »

emwearz wrote:If someone told you that screenshot was from Mass Effect, would anybody argue?

i would only because i'm a huge mass effect fan.